• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have however allocated some of the funds for a top up of booze

Comment

Afternoon all

Spot of bunkitis today but it's almost passed now

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Afternoon all

I had a little bit of that this morning. One glass too many last night

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Afternoon all

But you were still contagious! I am going down with it now! Is there a doctor in the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            But you were still contagious! I am going down with it now! Is there a doctor in the thread?
            Im not a doctor but I've just been to osteopath so does that count ?

Comment

Well, had a great time with my mates in the pub with some superb Summer Lightning beers followed by a visit to the local curry house. Had the butter chicken for a change (I normally have a lamb hot dish variety) and whilst digging in saw a what I thought was a bit of doughy chicken, turned out to be some naan bread i.e. it was leftovers from Friday.

Said to waiter, "I'm not paying for that." He ummd and ahhd and I repeated: "Just to be clear, I will not be paying for that."

He returns with the bill with butter chicken still on bill. I reminded him of my previous demand. He scuttled off.

Manager strolls up with a fried Bombay potato on both shoulders and says "What's the problem?" I say "A piece of stale naan bread from Friday in my butter chicken, will not be paying for it".

He says "Are you sure?"

I say "If you carry on with this line of accusation, you will receive no payment whatsoever"

He scuttles back and returns with the amended bill.

Disappointing end to a great evening.

Oh and to top it off, had the Pepsi Max Big One taxi driver who recreated the roller coaster simulation by driving 3 millimetres behind the car in front. Plenty brakeness, plenty uncomfortableness.

Very attractive Romanian bar staff, but considering past history, would not touch with a fiscally bulging barge pole.

A sour, but sadly indicative trending start to the long weekend...

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Morning
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

5 weeks to go until Hever Castle! A 25 mile cycle as part of Olympic triathlon team. Today I got cleets for my bike - I had to get pedals too! grrr. I drove the course twice - too wet to cycle. It is tough - alot of up/down, turns and the road surfaces are dire.

I will cycle the course at some point.

I am now in the losing weight phase - I hope it is going well! I am cycling to/from work - 12 miles each way. I am going to try to do a 25 miles cycle on Sat/Sun. I also need to learn to swim (I have lessons booked) and keep up the jogging!

Comment

Comment

Loads of birthday cards and facebook messages.

I celebrated with a 4.5 mile run in 42 minutes - my knee and back held up fine.

Off to KESR steam train soon - pub lunch. Then a big sleep and a BBQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X