• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just had a phone call from one of my references asking if I could fill in the details on the reference form for him as he is in meetings all day and there's no one in the office to day to confirm when I worked there.

Am I right in thinking that companies are not allowed to give any more info than Name, position and dates worked?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I had yesterday afternoon working on a different task as the one that I fixed 90% off was doing my head in.

I'm back on it this morning and I "think" I know what I need to do...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Just had a phone call from one of my references asking if I could fill in the details on the reference form for him as he is in meetings all day and there's no one in the office to day to confirm when I worked there.

Am I right in thinking that companies are not allowed to give any more info than Name, position and dates worked?
          They are not obliged to give more than that. Most Companies do the bare minimum, on advice from HR and their legal people, as there is too much scope for getting sued if the person the reference was written about decides they didn't like what was in it.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all.

Have I missed anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              They are disturbing the smooth running of the systems. By using them. The impertinence of it.

I think I should loosen the bolts of one of their chairs - teach them a lesson.
              We did that in one of the labs.

Taught the uppity esteemed customers a lesson or two.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Have I missed anything?
                Pogle's looking for a theremin. Can you build her one?

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                  FED UP NOW !
                  There's a thread for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    There's a guy on a conference call behind me who keeps talking about a bank called Fargo Wells

I think they're related to Bank of America Lynch Merrill or PJ Morgan
                    Do they have a Special Agent name Hardie Jim?*

*You've got to be ancient to know that one.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

When I think of the number of companies that I've worked for which no longer exist, it's quite alarming.

Comment

Working...
                      X