• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Great article eek - thanks!

I can totally relate to that.

It's very difficult to make new friends nowadays and I hate the old "forcing singles together/social groups/sports club" stuff. The only advantage nowadays is that I am not chronically shy, quite the opposite in fact which often makes me appear a little strange when I strike up conversations with strangers.

Its when you divorce you find out who your friends are. Mine all sided with the ex as I left him, but I wasn't that bothered.

I had a few close friends at uni who I've kept in touch with all these years but those friends have moved abroad.

Now its the challenge of having to make new friends in a new country where the natives are very reserved and formal about making friends. Cloggy people don't do drinks after work (unless someone else is paying) and don't invite people round for visits etc... And you don't want to end up with a bunch of moaning expats.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Morning

Oh wow, didn't realise it was that easy. Mind you, vanilla extract would be hard to make in my household - spare bottles of vodka tend to "evaporate" quite quickly around here!
      Well if I can make a half litre of extract and it will only cost me a few quid as opposed to paying nearly £15 for a 100ml bottle of extract of unknown quality.

Vodka has the same problem in my house but I'm sure I can resist for some extract.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I find that these days I'm defined by a propensity for throwing polystyrene rocks.

Comment

Morning all.

Today I am impersonating Zeity.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Morning all.

Today I am impersonating Zeity.
            Bored yet?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just had a call about the gig I interviewed for 2 weeks ago.

Apparently I came across well and they are interested...........

..............but can't make their minds up on whether they take me on or get a consultancy in

In other news, just got asked again about a potential gig in the smoke.

I wish the hamsterjam peeps would make their minds up.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

oh and they are not making their minds up for another few weeks

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I find that these days I'm defined by a propensity for throwing polystyrene rocks.

You avatar remains with you even when its been deleted. Whats worse is that eventually you start looking like your avatar which in admin's case was a mite unfortunate.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just been banging my head against the desk on account of a checksum on an extended linear address record in an intel hex file.

Kept getting a "checksum error" message from the downloader.

Took ages to figure out why.

I was adding up the ascii instead of adding up the binary the ascii represents.

However, having corrected that minor problemette, it now downloads ok.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 18 July 2012, 13:46.

Comment

Oh dear, I think I need a rest.

I'm only using half the eprom from 0 to 3ffff.

Slight mathematical type error there.

Need to take my shoes off to count up that high.

Comment

Working...
                      X