• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugger.

now I've got to walk down the hill in the rain to pick up a (very late) assembler program handin.

He'll be lucky to get 40% if I get soaked.

Comment

Been put forward for a gig in the smoke

Am now putting feelers out for crash space in case it pans out.

Really don't want to go down the hotel booking route especially with the olympics coming up.

Thankfully if I get an interview it will be a phone one, so so no having to traipse over for that. Just as well as I'm stuck in a cloggy course for 2 weeks.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Drizzle with added humidness.

Comment

Bored.

Now.

Just as well it's almost time to buggeroffsky down the hillski.

Comment

On which happy note:

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Been put forward for a gig in the smoke

Am now putting feelers out for crash space in case it pans out.

Really don't want to go down the hotel booking route especially with the olympics coming up.

Thankfully if I get an interview it will be a phone one, so so no having to traipse over for that. Just as well as I'm stuck in a cloggy course for 2 weeks.
              mondaytofriday.com, spareroom.com

Place an ad yourself, it's free, "Mature non-smoking professional looking for weekday room" etc etc.

I got loads of positive responses with offers of rooms and a damn sigh cheaper and more civilised than a hotel.

Good luck with the gig
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                mondaytofriday.com, spareroom.com

Place an ad yourself, it's free, "Mature non-smoking professional looking for weekday room" etc etc.

I got loads of positive responses with offers of rooms and a damn sigh cheaper and more civilised than a hotel.

Good luck with the gig
                Been pimping me mates atm and seeing what they can come up with. I did check out Monday to Friday but the rent being asked seemed a tad excessive for some right ol dumps

Failing that I could stay with the ma in law or me brother in Kent.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Will just have to see if I even get an interview never mind the gig

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Been pimping me mates atm and seeing what they can come up with. I did check out Monday to Friday but the rent being asked seemed a tad excessive for some right ol dumps

Failing that I could stay with the ma in law or me brother in Kent.
                    Spare room seemed better to me, Monday to Friday had a lot of commercial landlords flogging rooms in dodgy shared houses from what I saw. Depends how much you want to spend. Found a fair few decent looking ones for around the 500 a month mark, which is 25 a day.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That's why I'm avoiding London-based work until the end of August at the earliest.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X