• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another interview elsewhere on Monday which is nice
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      In other news hector has sent me yet another letter finally acknowledging the stuff my accountant has sent through, but now they are maintaining my accountant isn't authorised to send these forms through

They have been doing my taxes for the last six years and I haven't sent any fecking letters saying otherwise.

jesus h feckiing christ, this really takes the biscuit

It's really no suprise the country is on its arse with these jobsworths.

First set of accounts I sent in were rejected.

Because there was 17 days between registration & start of trading.

Which made the first accounts 12 months & 17 days long.

Feckwhits.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Feckwhits.
        It does make partial sense for them to wait for a years worth of accounts. It cost them the same to process 17 days worth of accounts as it would 12 months & 17 days, even if it doesn't take the same amount of time. (Ok, I'm guessing on the cost, but being public sector, I would expect it to be the case!).
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

You can have a "well done Norrahe drink" in London I won't be there, but organise one anyway
          What will it take for us to get you down to London?
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            What will it take for us to get you down to London?
            I don't live in the UK anymore, the beach was in the Netherlands.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Feckwhits.
              Methinks tis beer o'clock now

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I hear Brighton has some nice beaches.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  It does make partial sense for them to wait for a years worth of accounts. It cost them the same to process 17 days worth of accounts as it would 12 months & 17 days, even if it doesn't take the same amount of time. (Ok, I'm guessing on the cost, but being public sector, I would expect it to be the case!).
                  The accountant fixed it.

I forget how.

Comment

Time to wave, so

Byeeeee

Comment

Afternoon I certainly was, nice lunch on the beach. bottle of white, walk along the strand
                      Wot you doing on The Strand then? Off to the Ship and Shovell I bet

Comment

Working...
                      X