• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quality news thump article today - University graduates buoyed by news of 2,500 new McDonald’s jobs - University graduates buoyed by news of 2,500 new McDonald’s jobs

Daniel Freeman, who holds a masters degree in astrophysics and cosmology, is just one of many university leavers eager to take up a challenge that he feared was drifting beyond his grasp.

“Obviously I’m excited, but there are no guarantees I’ll get one of the jobs,” he said.

“Opportunities like this don’t come along very often, so there’ll be plenty of people just like me who want to grab it with both hands.”

“If it doesn’t happen then Asda have announced 5000 new jobs, so I could still be in with a shout of a shelf stacking or lucrative trolley retrieval opportunity.”

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Its always dull and grey in Brum

where did you end up staying ?
      PALI!

Comment

Bored.

Now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Bored.

Now.
          Zen!

Chury!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            Its always dull and grey in Brum

where did you end up staying ?
            pali

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Bored.

Now.
              century

Comment

I'm just writing email to project manager as the test servers are falling over.

Software has explicit installation statement, install on own vpc without x due to x causing problems. There is an explicit exception under corporate policies due to the original age of software and its importance.

The new test servers have x on it so the software is falling other.

Question from PM which service pack of x is the cause of the problem? Give me.......
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Spent an hour on the phone to Virgin Media this morning trying to find different ways to explain that their DNS server wasn't responding.

Still didn't get it into their heads that they have a problem - their solution was to modify the DNS settings on all my computers so that they use Google DNS instead of their ones. But it's not a problem with their DNS servers. Oh no.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I'm just writing email to project manager as the test servers are falling over.

Software has explicit installation statement, install on own vpc without x due to x causing problems. There is an explicit exception under corporate policies due to the original age of software and its importance.

The new test servers have x on it so the software is falling other.

Question from PM which service pack of x is the cause of the problem? Give me.......
                    Send Suity a PM and he'll help you out.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've just had an email from an agent with a job spec.

Apparently, knowledge of Linus is a bonus.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X