• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What else do they want to check?
    that I have no more illness/pain after ...

He couldnt even remember seeing my X-ray

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      right you london cup chaps.

family 5* is visiting that big london in a couple of weeks - Sun back home Tues.
      We are hoping to see a show on the sunday and are going to pizza express in covent garden - thanks to tesco. Kids like pizza and its a win/win.
      Monday we are planning on walking down to the palace, over to west minster to see big ben etc.. the over to the eye. Hopefully a nice walk along the thames and look for somewhere to grab tea.
      Suggestions ? Steak house would be nice

Any other tips you can recommend would be nice.
      • Don't try and do too much.
      • Museums are free - last time MrsF and I were in London, we killed a couple of hours in the Science Museum while we had a gap between things.
      • Lastminute.com are usually OK for ticket prices.
      • Get them an Oyster card up front before you go.

If it's not too far out, the Smithfield Bar and Grill is good, and they normally have some good deals on if you sign up to their email list. Have a look at Taste of London and see if they are doing anything like free trials, which they have done in the past (sometimes through moneysavingexpert.com)

If you fancy a FANTASTIC fry up in that area in the morning, try the Regency Cafe (not sure if it's open Sunday morning, though) - used to go there regularly when I was at the Home Office.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The sunday will be travelling down on train. The hopefully the show.

The Monday will be a little leisurely - stopping in Holiday Inn Mayfair, so the best route to the eye is walking down past palace etc..
        After the eye might see if we can pop into the Tate and then over the bridge to St Pauls.
        Tube back to hotel.
        Tuesday might be free day and see what the kids want to do.

Comment

There's a Gaucho grill right near to Tower Bridge on the south side of the river, also near to the Mayor's building (the big bollock)
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

The sunday will be travelling down on train. The hopefully the show.

The Monday will be a little leisurely - stopping in Holiday Inn Mayfair, so the best route to the eye is walking down past palace etc..
            After the eye might see if we can pop into the Tate and then over the bridge to St Pauls.
            Tube back to hotel.
            Tuesday might be free day and see what the kids want to do.
            Get yourself to the Regency, just down from Westminster for breakfast or lunch (get there early, as it fills up). It's a real London experience - large portions, good food.

regency cafe, london - Google Maps

It gets good ratings on EBCB, which is as good a recommendation as a place needs
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

FTFY
              My personality is ever sunny.

Unless I gain the impression that an esteemed customer is extracting the michael.

Comment

Clean bill of health from the doc

however I need to go back in 4 weeks for another check up
                Oh dear(tm).

What else do they want to check?
                That they hadn't made a mistake?

Comment

that I have no more illness/pain after ...

He couldnt even remember seeing my X-ray
                  I have no pain, you are receding, a distant ship smoke on the horizon, you are only coming through in waves...

Comment

That's enough for this week. I'm going to the pub.

bye bye

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm stuck here until 16:15.

Ho hum.

Comment

Working...
                      X