• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home now - you've not got there then?

Comment

I'll be handing on to the others to finish this one - but I think we can safely say the race will be over tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Heh - true, although it can get a little tedious - you always repeat the same arguments.
        Well I have to be at the level of the argumentee. Take global warming, most people have an opinion picked out of thin air. Not a single one of the antis has ever read any of the papers. So then it just boils down to abuse, as everyone's opinion is of the same value as everyone else.
        The function of science is really to say that some theories are better than others as they most closely fit the observed facts.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yep I'll be there if I can make it - 80% likely at the mo, was a laugh last time. You coming to this one Gonzo?
          I will make it.

I think I might need to go over to general though and see if I can influence the choice of venue. The one that was mentioned a day or so ago can get uncomfortably rammed in my limited experience. Although if I am going to complain then I ought to be able to offer an alternative and I don't have one at the moment.

Comment

The most boring part is when, instead of having a battle of wits/facts/sources/debate, it resorts to playground ranting. Mary Whitehouse Experience "History Today" voice: Oh - that'll be all the time then.

Comment

The most boring part is when, instead of having a battle of wits/facts/sources/debate, it resorts to playground ranting. Mary Whitehouse Experience "History Today" voice: Oh - that'll be all the time then.

The playground ranting can get quite amusing though. You can easily spot the ones that take it seriously
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                I will make it.
                Excellent, will buy you a beer mate. Xen and Gooner will be there again I think. Not been to the place (as I was supposed to, sorry SA, there's still time) but I know the area and think I know the pub - bit plain but a good starting point - Would suggest the one with the tree in it - can't remember the name - just near Leicester Sq.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Thats "Sister Super Poster" to you !!!

Congrats CM for the land mark... have a banana

Comment

I really thought the 25000 would have been achieved by now

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      The playground ranting can get quite amusing though. You can easily spot the ones that take it seriously
                      I'm just surprised that they do take it seriously - you would expect that most here are old enough to know better. I'm probably one of the younger members and this endless circle of tulip surprises me - actually - I've just coined a phrase... it's a ring-a-ring-o-roses, and it could become a wreath.
                      Last edited by realityhack; 20 November 2007, 18:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X