• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No chance.

They'll be working in a curry house I suspect, always assuming that they're not doing that already.

Used to get offers of free curries off one of our more illustrious ex-esteemed customers.

Never took him up on it coz I'm allergic.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      No chance.

They'll be working in a curry house I suspect, always assuming that they're not doing that already.

Used to get offers of free curries off one of our more illustrious ex-esteemed customers.

Never took him up on it coz I understand a bit about microbiology and I enjoy being alive.
      ftfy
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Are you sure they aren't some of my esteemed customers?
        I wish - they're American.

Their suggestion today was that if anything went wrong, then send it to the accounts payables team to sort out.

"So," I asked, "if the database crashes because we're out of disk space in that tablespace, it should go to the business users to resolve?"

Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I wish - they're American.

Their suggestion today was that if anything went wrong, then send it to the accounts payables team to sort out.

"So," I asked, "if the database crashes because we're out of disk space in that tablespace, it should go to the business users to resolve?"

Perhaps if we are to be competing with the wonderful subcontinent for working and doings, seeing as CEOs and CIOs are thinking we are being useless feckless Europeans, the answer to do precisely as Bob would be doing in this position and even to be adding a new layer of Bobness; please to be sending database logs and error messages to accounting payabling along with disks per courier and accompanying email stating at request of CIO, please to be doing the needful.

Comment

Struggling to understand my last post.

Good thing about this project; lots of money.

Bad thing about this project; some of that money will be spent on psychotherapy afterwards.

Seriously, I'm losing it.

Comment

At least we kicked out one suggestion.
              • Create a dummy user.
              • Whenever a problem occurs (whether that is an "expected" error or an unexpected error), send it to the dummy user.
              • Pray that someone monitors the work queue for the dummy user.

I dread to think how much they are paying these guys to get this kind of expert knowledge.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I'm out of here in 10 mins

Although I do have a hell of a lot of stuff to do tomorrow at home.

Comment

Almost time to say

Byeeee

Just had to do a hard reset on the printer photocopier thingie.

It was just sat there waiting and waiting and waiting.

Comment

I'm here for a little while yet, have to wait for questions from NY. Bored though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      I'm here for a little while yet, have to wait for questions from NY. Bored though.
                      They won't make any sense when they come through, so why bother waiting?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X