• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You can spend three months training someone up to do the last four months of the project!
    I can spend those 3 months posting carp on here while finding a new gig.

It also means I'll have more than 1 gig in a year which looks good for the tax man for my bv
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

But I'm prepared to soldier on, like the big generous infectious alien that I am.

If I'm going to be ill, then everyone else should be too.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        But I'm prepared to soldier on, like the big generous infectious alien that I am.

come to think of it, I don't feel so good.

Damn you, you infectious creature!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Norrahe told me you're ill.

So am I. Keep invoicing.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I can spend those 3 months posting carp on here while finding a new gig.

It also means I'll have more than 1 gig in a year which looks good for the tax man for my bv
            There's an easy solution for that one; sen me an invoice for 'consulting services', I send you a couple of invoices for 'testing services' for the same sum of money. Just don't go telling Cloggie contractors about it; they're not as honest as they make out to be and some git might snitch to the belastingdienst.

Comment

Im not ill but I had just dried off after doing the school run.
              The heavens opened while I was waiting and I got soaking wet....

Comment

Pork steak, green beans, leaks white cabbage and new pot with olive olive oil, sea salt and rosemary for tea

Comment

I'm going to have to do sommat about this flu tube above me.

It's becoming a tad irritating.

Comment

I've just sent two manflu suffering permies home. I will remain to squeeze the last half hour's invoicing out of the day.

Comment

I do sometimes wonder.

How can you get to this stage and not understand
                      Code:
                      if ( (portAstatus.B0 == 0) && (portAstatus.B1 == 0) )
                      {
                      }
                      There you go, I suppose.

It's not as if it's

Code:
                      IF((PORTASTATUS.B0.EQ.0).AND.(PORTASTATUS.B1.EQ.0)GOTO999
                      now is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X