• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I've given it a pretty good try though
    You don't want to be breaking things in your last couple of days.

simple fixes - no major overhauls.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      You don't want to be breaking things in your last couple of days.

simple fixes - no major overhauls.
      No, you arrange for it to break just after you leave so you can come back and fix it for an exhorbitant fee
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        No, you arrange for it to break just after you leave so you can come back and fix it for an exhorbitant fee
        I get the impression Bunk is going to run and not look back.

I agree with 5x though. It's very easy to blame the outgoing contractor if something goes wrong, but if you haven't touched anything complicated the blame game becomes much harder to play.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I get the impression Bunk is going to run and not look back.

I agree with 5x though. It's very easy to blame the outgoing contractor if something goes wrong, but if you haven't touched anything complicated the blame game becomes much harder to play.
          I would worry about that if I'd ever consider coming back, but I won't, so I'm not

Comment

9 blue blocks now.

This is sooooo speedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I know what you mean. At least I'm out of this fecking place soon.
              Lucky you, I haven't even got my project started yet and I know it's going to be a right mess.

Not good when you find out that several people have jacked in this project before you

They've started to pester me about going perm as they don't want to spend the money on a contract resource.

Contract is only intially for 3 months, if things don't improve then I may start to look elsewhere.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Are you going to spend the next couple of days just commenting code and writing documentation ?

I'm on doc duties next week but I'm still make "improvements"

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Lucky you, I haven't even got my project started yet and I know it's going to be a right mess.

Not good when you find out that several people have jacked in this project before you

They've started to pester me about going perm as they don't want to spend the money on a contract resource.

Contract is only intially for 3 months, if things don't improve then I may start to look elsewhere.
                  What's the market like over there ?

Comment

Are you going to spend the next couple of days just commenting code and writing documentation ?

I'm on doc duties next week but I'm still make "improvements"
                    I'm actually trying to expedite my escape!

How often does a contractor do that?

Comment

What's the market like over there ?
                      Seems to be ok, haven't really tested the water since I landed this gig.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X