• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

You'll just have to try harder this week then.
    Damn right.

Maybe a couple of ciggies left burning around the place.

Comment

The person with the elephants is back. They are being settled down in the flat upstairs with a cup of tea and a bun to watch daytime TV.

Or whatever it is that elephants do all day.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Any idea how much Angie charges?
        No idea.

Just after I finished typing that, the obvious response occurred to me.

"Angie doesn't live here any more. Angie had a room on the second floor. Sorry Angie left no forwarding address that was known to me."

Hey ho. Maybe next time.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Damn right.

Maybe a couple of ciggies left burning around the place.
          A couple of longish 3 phase cables with a high draw appliance on them left coiled up over the weekend?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            A couple of longish 3 phase cables with a high draw appliance on them left coiled up over the weekend?
            That's almost as good as the candle in the tub of lard method.

Comment

That's almost as good as the candle in the tub of lard method.
              With the added advantage that they wouldn't look out of place should anyone come nosing around. (Unless they were already on fire by that point of course.)

Comment

With the added advantage that they wouldn't look out of place should anyone come nosing around. (Unless they were already on fire by that point of course.)
                Indeed.

Might be difficult to explain the need for a lit candle in a tub of lard in the lab.

Though I suppose "experiment" covers a variety of meanings

Comment

Indeed.

Might be difficult to explain the need for a lit candle in a tub of lard in the lab.

Though I suppose "experiment" covers a variety of meanings
                  You were setting up for an experiment based on analysing the spectrum of light emitted by different sources and needed something to hold the candle in place. Simples.

Comment

You were setting up for an experiment based on analysing the spectrum of light emitted by different sources
                    Hence the paraffin lamp and butane lantern. With spare fuel for both.

Comment

... and the bloody great Fresnel lens on the windowsill.

Comment

Working...
                      X