• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Morning missus
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They bring booze and curry paste, and that's good enough for me.
      That sounds like a very simple Christmas.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I wonder how Cojak got on at Gatwick.

Actually, I wonder if Cojak got on at Gatwick.

Snow at Heathrow and Gatwick ruins plans of thousands

Thousands were stuck there overnight and few flights will depart on Sunday. Hundreds more slept at Gatwick, as knock-on delays hit most UK airports.

But airports were worst hit, on a weekend when travel association Abta said hundreds of thousands of Britons were due to fly.

The BBC has received hundreds of e-mails from stranded passengers, with many saying they have no idea where they will be spending Christmas.

BA said "several thousand" of its stranded passengers were being put up in hotels but when asked if the company was confident of getting everyone to their festive destinations, a spokeswoman said: "We are in the hands of the weather."

At Gatwick, 90,000 people should fly out on Sunday but 50 fights are cancelled.

A Gatwick spokeswoman said it was doing everything it could to "get passengers on their way" but advised them to check with airlines before setting out.

Monarch Airlines managing director Tim Jeans said reassessment of the UK's transport capabilities was needed. "We have not coped well. The infrastructure - not just at the airports but the road infrastructure - completely seized up. The M25 going towards Heathrow and Gatwick virtually impassable within an hour of the snow starting to fall."
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          That sounds like a very simple Christmas.
          But a nice one all the same
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            But a nice one all the same
            A simple Xmas is probably a very nice Xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              A simple Xmas is probably a very nice Xmas.
              Oh aye. The times I've had to 'go to her's 'cos it's her turn' Not this year .
              My mum is in Australia, my dad is at my sisters and the out-laws have other plans. Have the doings in for a nice Christmas dinner and (if necessary) I can purchase the necessary 'cheer' from the corner shop. Could be worse.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Oh aye. The times I've had to 'go to her's 'cos it's her turn' Not this year .
                My mum is in Australia, my dad is at my sisters and the out-laws have other plans. Have the doings in for a nice Christmas dinner and (if necessary) I can purchase the necessary 'cheer' from the corner shop. Could be worse.
                not a bad lot at all

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all

Comment

I've had to put my gloves on at work. Its freezing cold.

Comment

I've just requested a portable heater for near my desk as I can't feel my feet

Comment

Working...
                      X