• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Mind you, they do have to sit through boring lectures, so maybe it puts them off.

I've found that the ones who are really interested tend to be mature students who've actually experienced the glorious world of work.
    They are also the ones who are paying for the courses themselves out of hard earned cash, not student loans.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      They are also the ones who are paying for the courses themselves out of hard earned cash, not student loans.
      Also, more likely to be married, therefore more interested in learning than getting laid

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Also, more likely to be married, therefore more interested in learning than getting laid
        Should I worry?

Mr N is a mature student...

but we're not married, so that's ok.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Should I worry?

Mr N is a mature student...

but we're not married, so that's ok.

Any news on NorrpussII? Still poorly?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well, there we are.

The sun is setting.

The skool is (or was just now) reflecting glorious crimson light.

Comment

Getting dark now.

Nearly time to go.

I shall test the zapper this evening.

I suspect that one of the buttons is jamming a bit.

Ho hum.

That always happens when you put the case together.

Ho very hum.

Comment

My goodness me, someone has laid a very pongy log in the bog.

Comment

On which happy note, before I get locked in:

Byeeee

Comment

Just made me cranberry chutney for next week

300g cranberries
                    100g brown sugar
                    100ml white wine vinegar
                    75ml port
                    half a red onion (finely chopped)
                    2 figs (finely chopped)

Saute the onion off till it softens, then add all the other ingredients, bring to the boil and reduce till thick.

Let cool, then stick it in a jar and enjoy on xmas day (or boxing day and the day after etc....)

It will keep for months and is often better after a few weeks.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Trying to think of stuffing recipes, so far leek and mushroom is looking good.

1 leek (finely chopped and sautéed in butter)
                      300g chestnut mushrooms (finely chopped and sautéed in butter)
                      50g dried porcini (soaked in hot water for 30 mins and then, finely chopped and sautéed in butter)
                      1 egg
                      100g breadcrumbs
                      250g sausage meat
                      1 Clove garlic crushed
                      Herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley, bay and sage)
                      Salt and pepper to taste

Allow the cooked ingredients to cool, mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

The mixture can either be put in a greased loaf tin and cooked for 35-45 mins (180) or formed into small balls and wrapped in pancetta (stick them around the turkey in the last 20 mins of cooking)

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X