• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I bought a new coat yesterday. I decided as it was starting to get chilly I should get something smart to wear.
    So tell us all about your new coat then. What colour is it? Was it in a sale? What's it made of? Etc.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Ahem. Kylie Minogue?
      I can think of far better adjectives for that than smart...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

We could hit 24000 tonight. Wonder if I can make it 2 in a row?
        You'll be needing some help then. I'm trying (very, some would say).
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

So tell us all about your new coat then. What colour is it? Was it in a sale? What's it made of? Etc.
          All in good time, I'm reading some of Denny's rants right now. I wish she'd put a summary at the beginning or end so I didn't have to read all the diatribe in the middle...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I have half a bottle of Chablis.
            In the local Co-op, the sign has called it "Chables" for over a year. I assume that is pronounced "chay bells". Consequently, the wife & I have been pronouncing Chablis ("shabbly") as Chables ("chay bells") over since. Some of our friends are doing it too - but they don't know why.

Feel free to do the same.

Comment

I really should plan these things in advance and have more than one bottle in the house.
              The Off Licences are still open for a few hours.

Comment

In the local Co-op, the sign has called it "Chables" for over a year. I assume that is pronounced "chay bells". Consequently, the wife & I have been pronouncing Chablis ("shabbly") as Chables ("chay bells") over since. Some of our friends are doing it too - but they don't know why.

Feel free to do the same.
                You're a contractor man, what are you doing at a Co-Op?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

You're a contractor man, what are you doing at a Co-Op?
                  Being between contracts and watching the deposit account go dry.

Comment

Being between contracts and watching the deposit account go dry.
                    That's no fun. I expire end of December, I'm desparately hoping for an extension to take me through to new financial year or I may be dipping into savings very soon too...
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

That's no fun. I expire end of December, I'm desparately hoping for an extension to take me through to new financial year or I may be dipping into savings very soon too...
                      I had a contract disappear the day before it was due to start, then a second where the client (read 'agent') kept dropping the rate after I'd accepted and before it was due to start until I couldn't afford to take it and another where the agent said I was shortlisted but hadn't put me forward. I've been having quite a tulipty summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X