• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    No, fancied a buerre noisette, tastes much better.
    I was just trying to make a joke, it probably wasn't worth the effort
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      hangover again?
      Nope, only had a couple of glasses of wine. Just tired

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

I'm not having it - they need to change and I'm going to stand my ground, until the account manager comes upstairs and asks me to do as requested.
        and the account manager has been and had a "word" with me. Apparently the customers doesn't like my tone in some of the emails I've sent.
        They think I've been a bit sharp and un-friendly.
        Like I give a f'ck !

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          and the account manager has been and had a "word" with me. Apparently the customers doesn't like my tone in some of the emails I've sent.
          They think I've been a bit sharp and un-friendly.
          Like I give a f'ck !

Don't take any tulip from those flippers FT!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Don't take any tulip from those flippers FT!
            I'm not

The account manager says the customer doesn't like to be told their wrong and we should avoid doing it.
            WTF is that all about, they need to make a change, do it, send it to me, I'll process it and they can see the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              I was just trying to make a joke, it probably wasn't worth the effort
              I know and so was I, i forgot the smilie at the end of my sentence.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well, there we are.

Just got rid of a pile of junk^H^H^H^H valuable components to a 3rd student for his project.

Naturally enough, he isn't doing electronics.

Comment

Just discovered a couple of bugs in the MSF PIC program.

One had incremented a pointer in one place before inserting data, whereas one should have inserted the data, then incremented the pointer.

And the other bug was decrementing the pointer inside the data insert routine when it didn't need it.

It's hard, this programming stuff.

Comment

Next bug was expecting the minutes to be <80 40 20 10> <8 4 2 1> in bcd.

Instead they were <40 20 10 8> <4 2 1 x> and split over a byte boundary.

Deep joy.

However, having fixed that, the ZeitMSFClock (tm, patent pending) is showing the Correct Time.

Sometimes I amaze even my self.

Or especially myself.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Next bug was expecting the minutes to be <80 40 20 10> <8 4 2 1> in bcd.

Instead they were <40 20 10 8> <4 2 1 x> and split over a byte boundary.

Deep joy.

However, having fixed that, the ZeitMSFClock (tm, patent pending) is showing the Correct Time.

(Hmm. A BCD clock...)
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X