• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plan was: yesterday & today: removals. Tomorrow: clean. With us staying at the old house.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      The plan was: yesterday & today: removals. Tomorrow: clean. With us staying at the old house.
      The removals had a second crew turn up who packed all our bedding. The bedding we were going to use to sleep in and then take back to the new flat to continue sleeping in.

It has gone into storage, so we had nothing to sleep under.

Twats.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        The removals said they could probably get it all packed up an removed yesterday, so we said "All right then, do it".

That made yesterday a very long, hard day for us as we had a lot of disassembly and tea-making and stuff to do.

We then had the 2 hour journey back to the new flat to sleep.

Comment

Also yesterday, the landlady said her son would be dropping off a load of clothes and furniture for her today, so would we make sure the bedroom was free today.

Arse. They do not get the keys back until Monday.

So we encouraged the removals men to get it all done in one day yesterday, which they did.

Comment

But we didn't know what time the landlady's son was coming, so we got up early so we could drive back to the old house and start cleaning to the bedroom at least would be ready early.

So we got up early and joined the 'rush hour' traffic for a couple of hours.

Comment

We're good tenants, Mrs RC & I, and we spent the day cleaning the house from top to bottom making it immaculate. Nothing less than our mothers would have expected.

The landlady's son had not turned up by 4:30. Se we called and asked where he was.

"He does not get home until 23:00 so he will come round then."

"We're off home to the new flat. Bye."

So he will do an inspection tomorrow and tell us how much of the deposit he intends to keep.

Comment

So instead of spending 2 days packing up and having put in storage, then a day cleaning, we did the whole lot in a very long day, then travel a few hundred miles, then do the cleaning without a break.

All because of some feckwit removals and a twat for a landlady's son.

We are very and because of that, very .

Comment

We don't really have rows any more, but I did make some tulipty comments at Mrs RC in the van on the way to the new flat, and the silences were palpable.

Once upon a time it would have meant a big fight.

Instead we drove in silence for half an hour until I found a service station to park in where we bitched about the world and decided to forgive each other.

Comment

Then Mrs RC asked if I had paid for the storage to be done or not, as it had to be paid by today.

She had only reminded me 3 times and had gone to great inconvenience to withdraw the cash from the savings account over 3 days then go by bus to a bank to pay it into my account.

Comment

So we have worked long and hard to meet the personal demands of the removals men (who got a day off on full pay) and the landlady, and all for no purpose.

Arse, wank, bollocks, twats, feck, knobcheese and dangleberries.

Comment

Working...
                      X