• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to everything that I want being right on my doorstep again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      Mrs Gonzo remembers that the salesman that sold us the car recommended not using the automatic car washes because they knacker the paintwork.

I don't remember that, does anyone have an opinion on the subject?
      I've heard that they suck up your radio antenna, and you lose it 'forever'

Comment

And being able to order a bottle of wine with dinner rather than just making do with two glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          I've heard that they suck up your radio antenna, and you lose it 'forever'
          Interesting. I can see how that could happen.

Have the manufacturers (of car-washes and of cars) not thought of this?

You can tell it is quite a new experience for me to own a car, I never needed one in London.

Comment

Interesting. I can see how that could happen.

Have the manufacturers (of car-washes and of cars) not thought of this?

You can tell it is quite a new experience for me to own a car, I never needed one in London.
            Well it would seem that most new BMWs and Mercs don't have this problem.
            Through the magic that is electromagnetism and radio waves, they have figured out how to make an antenna that is just a little stub on the roof of the car.

Either that, or all of the new BMWs and Mercs I have seen have been driven through an automatic car wash.....

Comment

And being able to order a bottle of wine with dinner rather than just making do with two glasses.
              I was breath-tested last Thursday night. I have been breath-tested before but that was the first time that I actually had been drinking.

I was under the limit though.

That's cool.
              He said as he read the machine and then waved me on.

Comment

It will be nice not to have to worry about that any more.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Either that, or all of the new BMWs and Mercs I have seen have been driven through an automatic car wash.....
                  Maybe that is the answer. I'll just have to buy a Merc.

Comment

I actually love driving. It annoyed me to have to leave the car on the drive last year whilst I was on a contract in central london. The next contract involved about 350 miles driving each week (long drive twice per week, hotels and no driving in between), and I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Comment

For me driving is mostly an unavoidable evil. Rush-hour traffic here is near gridlock.

However, when I do get out of the city there is some rather spectacular scenery to look at.

Comment

Working...
                      X