• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh.

And my dermatitis is playing up again.

Ho very itchy hum.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Speaking of tortillas I had a bash at making proper mexican corn tortillas at the weekend for MrsB. Used this stuff Masa Harina. Gluten free and it's available from Sainsburys.

Works really well, tortillas came out lovely and soft and warm and tasted really good, although completly different to the commercial wheat based ones.
      Have you got a recipe for them?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Have you got a recipe for them?
        Easy.

Chuck some of the Masa in a bowl, add enough warm water to make a soft but not sticky dough.

Leave to stand for 15 mins.

Pinch off golf ball sized pieces.

Roll out on a floured surface to 2 or 3 mm thickness.

Preheat a dry frying pan on a med high heat.

Place the rolled out tortilla into the pan and cook for 30 sec.

Turn and cook untill it puffs up.

Turn again and cook for 5 sec.

Place between a folder cloth to keep warm while you cook the rest.

Repeat as needed. 150g of flour will make 6-8 tortillas.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Easy.

Chuck some of the Masa in a bowl, add enough warm water to make a soft but not sticky dough.

Leave to stand for 15 mins.

Pinch off golf ball sized pieces.

Roll out on a floured surface to 2 or 3 mm thickness.

Preheat a dry frying pan on a med high heat.

Place the rolled out tortilla into the pan and cook for 30 sec.

Turn and cook untill it puffs up.

Turn again and cook for 5 sec.

Place between a folder cloth to keep warm while you cook the rest.

Repeat as needed. 150g of flour will make 6-8 tortillas.
          Easy?

Go to supermarket

Buy tortillas

Done

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Easy?

Go to supermarket

Buy tortillas

Done
            Not if you want gluten free ones, or genuine corn tortillas istead of the wheat flour ones.

Comment

Not if you want gluten free ones, or genuine corn tortillas istead of the wheat flour ones.
              Ah, I'm not fussy

Comment

Ah, I'm not fussy
                We know that
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ah, I'm not fussy
                  Neither is MrsB but she has Ceoliac Disease so eating anything made with wheat or containing gluten is not an option.

Comment

Presumably for the authentic experience, one grows the maize, slakes one's own lime from the lime kiln, grinds it up, then makes the pancakes.

Sounds like hard work to me.

And people wonder why sweetcorn goes straight through without being digested, if that's what you have to do to extract some nourishment from it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Presumably for the authentic experience, one grows the maize, slakes one's own lime from the lime kiln, grinds it up, then makes the pancakes.

Sounds like hard work to me.

And people wonder why sweetcorn goes straight through without being digested, if that's what you have to do to extract some nourishment from it.
                      Nah, thats the poncy new fangled way fo doing it. If you want it really authentic you boil it with wood ash

Comment

Working...
                      X