• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored Now.

2 hours this afternoon & I'm free.

I can hardly wait.

Comment

Just found out that a role that's been strung out for 2 weeks has been filled internally.

Qu'elle surprise! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bugger...

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Bugger...

I had a feeling I wasn't getting the whole story and neither was the pimp.

I've been put forward for summat else, so will wait to hear from that.

Found out my old BA got the role I turned down on wednesday
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning

I see it's twunt-tastic in General again ...
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Morning

I see it's twunt-tastic in General again ...
              Yep, handbags at dawn all round.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

All alone again until 2p.m.

Ho hum.

Comment

Bonjour tout le monde
                  Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Bonjour Rav!

I'm quite enjoying the BN66 spat, Incognito and AtW seem to be enjoying the fray...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Problem with the BN66 spat is that it brings into debate 2 separate issues and the number of arguments from the ill-informed (AtW - who said that? ) is amusing but not helpful.

I think a number of people have already summarised it quite well, in that; the scheme at the time was borderline (as are things like payscheme+ nowadays) and if you jump in then you should realise that you're taking a big risk... Ultimately you're exposing a flaw in the system/legislation.

2nd point though is if it was a genuine loophole (i.e. legal) should HMRC be able to retrospectively "clarify" and hence backdate taxes and interest... Evidently I think not, and yes that does mean they are constantly looking to close loopholes but hey, if they keep changing legislation then they're creating the issue themselves... OR, they could get it right first time...

Anyhow, all that's a bit heavy for TPD so.. there, that gets us back on track
                      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X