• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Now that '00 has gone, we can go to bed.

G'night.

Edit: I thought you were going to get that!
    Arse, I really hadn't noticed that approaching

Cheerio BI
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Absolutely. It would indeed be a shame to leave all your beer to go to waste at home when I could be supping it. Thanks, that's very generous of you!
      As my dad says... "You can't take it with you. So I ain't going."

Comment

Right, I really am going to bed now.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Right, I really am going to bed now.
          Via the fridge.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              A pint, then it'll be chucking out time?
              4 pints

I try to get there earlier, but it's hard when you have to drive up the A14 to even get home in the first place

Anyway: the bar shuts at midnight on a Friday, but they leave me in peace, staring out of the window and thinking of things, until 12:45 at the earliest.

Tonight I left at 12:45 and they were still trying to herd people out from under the arch

Still, only one more Friday night before it's gone for ever

Comment

No, that's not right.

It's look left, look right, look left again. When it's safe to cross, do so and keep looking and listening as you cross.

Because I won't be there when you cross the road.
                I regularly see young people walking out of the FMB bar, straight into the (three-lane) road, without looking anywhere because they're engrossed by a conversation in which they are participating on their mobile telephonic apparatus. Given that it's a busy road, the screeching of brakes is a given; yet they never even seem to notice that they've escaped death by inches

Even more imbecilic is when they notice the taxi that has managed to stop before mowing them down, and shout excitedly that "Oh, it's OK, there's a taxi here! I'll be there soon" - again, without realising that said taxi managed to come to a halt about six inches from them, and already has a fare.

I've made a mental note that, if I ever have reason to drive around town after ten o'clock in the evening, I must assume that every single pedestrian is about to run under my wheels.

I can drive past an infant school at playtime without having to think that

Comment

They're not making you wear a tie, are they?
                  Not quite that bad. I could probably get away with dark jeans-that-don't-look-too-much-like-jeans and button-down-shirts-designed-as-smart-casual-but-which-look-smart-enough. But if they're going to be so retarded as to have an official dress code, which is posted on the intranet, and drawn to your attention when you start (with a sense of regret - even the management don't like it, but there are greater powers at work), then I'll wear trousers with creases down the legs (and elsewhere, together with some stains of uncertain origin) and shirts that are clearly more expensive than the permies choose to buy for work

An email came round the other day saying that, for that "Children in Need" thing next Friday, you can wear whatever you like to work in return for a £2 donation. This strikes me as egregious at best. I'll be at a conference that day, and will wear whatever I damn well please; but if I was due at ClientOrg, I would refuse to take advantage of this "opportunity".

If I want to make a donation to a charity, I'll do it because I want to, not because I want somebody to throw me a bone.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      I like beer, me.
                      Your my best mate, you are

Comment

Working...
                      X