• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to shower DD2 - catch you all later

Comment

No tubas as yet

Comment

Comment

I am out of drivel.

I am just going to catch up to see what has happened on here today.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            If there's one thing I learnt from my time in the commercial radio/music industry, it's that music is seen therein as an irrelevance - it's as important as the colour of the smoke that comes out of a factory's chimneys.
            Kurt Cobain became very disillusioned about what the music "industry" had done to his little band.

He called one of the tracks on the last studio album that he recorded "Radio Friendly Unit Shifter".

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              at least that is my excuse... nothing to do with my guard being down
              Sack the guard - a guard who lets you get thwacked because they're upset over a sick puppy isn't worth having

Comment

It was quiet in here today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Kurt Cobain became very disillusioned about what the music "industry" had done to his little band.

He called one of the tracks on the last studio album that he recorded "Radio Friendly Unit Shifter".
                  That's pretty much the name of the game.

Although I have to say I did find it weird when tabloid press cuttings were posted in the kitchen (which we shared with Xfm) about some nonsense to do with Peaches Geldof at the Xfm Awards, held at some venue in Camden.

Clearly this press coverage, complete with photos of Ms Geldof looking moody at said venue, was seen by all concerned as a tremendous PR triumph for the station.

The fact that none of it mentioned music or musicians was, apparently, irrelevant: it all mentioned the station in conjunction with a celebutard, so that was a Big Win

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    That's pretty much the name of the game.

Although I have to say I did find it weird when tabloid press cuttings were posted in the kitchen (which we shared with Xfm) about some nonsense to do with Peaches Geldof at the Xfm Awards, held at some venue in Camden.

Clearly this press coverage, complete with photos of Ms Geldof looking moody at said venue, was seen by all concerned as a tremendous PR triumph for the station.

The fact that none of it mentioned music or musicians was, apparently, irrelevant: it all mentioned the station in conjunction with a celebutard, so that was a Big Win
                    All very depressing really.

Comment

Having said that, the Punk era of the late seventies now sounds like it was an exciting time, but was it all about the music?

Comment

Working...
                      X