• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you not just do what you said you could not do?

Comment

tim e to listen to the torrents i downloaded last night....

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        I've come back from the dentist. I wasn't quite shaking and sobbing, but not far off. What a wuss, eh?

Anyone who wants to know why I'm so afraid of dentists is welcome to hear the stories, if desired. But I cannot commit myself to writing them down: too unpleasant.

In short:
        - when a baby, was hurt by a bad dentist dealing with an abscess. My Mum would never elaborate but she always said that with hindsight maybe she should have either sued him or had him struck off. I know no more than that and never asked.

- when small, sitting in the waiting room listening to the drill in the room above, followed by the screams; then seeing blood on previous patients as they left sobbing.

- when a teenager, having the needle jabbed into a bundle of nerves in the back of my throat. I thought my spine had been torn out of the top of my head.

- when in my 20s, I got conned by a dentist in Oxford Street. He had me keep going back and in the end I paid over £1,200 for a crown. He intentionally created a hole in a good tooth and took the enamel off the top of two others. All work creation for the future. He fled the country before the 7th appointment. I'm not sure he was a real dentist. I was too ashamed of having been conned to report him.
        Sorry to hear that

I am resistant to anaesthetic and 3 years ago had root canal. It was too painful and I had to have it done under general anaesthetic. cost about £400 but well worth it.

Comment

BrilloPad 25,122
          DS23 20,662
          zeitghost 19,899
          voodooflux 17,478
          cailin maith 13,551
          BrowneIssue 12,679
          NickFitz 11,694
          Diver 11,169
          TheFaQQer 9,908
          FiveTimes 8,604
          Bear 6,086
          El_Diablo 4,666
          DaveB 2,618
          Jog On 2,482
          RichardCranium 2,444
          HeliCraig 2,354
          DiscoStu 2,244
          Fortune Green 2,215

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            So, to make it completely clear, we all had lamb yesterday then.
            We also had roast lamb for yesterday lunch. Did anyone NOT have lamb?

Comment

i did not have lamb yesterday

Comment

i had a beef steak sandwich for lunch and a tuna fishcake for dinner

Comment

1976 chicago auditorium

Comment

the evening show starting with heart of gold

Comment

and then moving onto the old laughing lady. not often on the setlists. should be though - great song.

Comment

Working...
                      X