• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Comment

Not with those claws, I suppose not.

Doesn't an autobiog write itself?
      Aleister Crowley wrote an autohagiography.

To save you all the trouble of going off to the dictionary, a hagiography is the biography of a saint.

Aleister Crowley thought very highly of himself

Comment

Around the time you wrote that, Mrs BI & I stepped out of the front door and Orion was right in front of us, and perfectly unmistakable.
        Orion is indeed unmistakable - this fact was an inspiration to me this week, concerning something which I shall explain in more detail at a later date

Oh dear, I'm beginning to sound like AtW

Comment

The nicely valeted TPD Time Machine™ is much nicer.

And the padded seat covering was a good idea. It's very cosy.

I think I might just shut my eyes and enjoy the comfiness, just for a moment.

I'll leave it ticking over in neutral in the meantime...

I like the way we were both able to use it at the same time - or rather, each able to use it in our own times, even if those times overlapped.

Presumably the key is for the times not to coincide

Comment

Time to watch an episode of UFO.

The Dalotek Affair tonight - which starts by quoting a statement about UFOs by Congressman Gerald Ford, later to become President Gerald Ford when Nixon finally ran for cover

EDIT:

Q. UFO is set in 1980, so how come the Congressman Gerald Ford reference?
            A. The episode starts with Commander Straker reviewing earlier public pronouncements concerning UFOs, and Ford's statement is cited by a scientist in a TV interview recorded (in the world of UFO) in 1969.

See, it all makes sense really
            Last edited by NickFitz; 7 November 2009, 04:46. Reason: Truth, fiction - wotever innit ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Aleister Crowley thought very highly of himself
              As well he might. It is not just anyone that gets a song written about them by Ozzy Osbourne.

Comment

OK. So this is attempt three by me to get some drivel started today.

Comment

We didn't end up doing any exploring today.

Comment

We are going to have a barbecue this evening.
                    Last edited by Gonzo; 7 November 2009, 04:45. Reason: typo

Comment

Some relatives are going to visit.

Comment

Working...
                      X