• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dontcha just love the M1? The only bit I like is the toll road and that's 'cos there is no bugger on it
    Yep, am looking forward to the weekend, but I'll probably stay in and watch the F1. Trying to decide if I should buy some fireworks and crank up the barbie for next Thursday. I think yes, but there are a couple of good displays on round here so I might be persuaded otherwise
    The main task for this weekend wil be to dodge the sprogs 'Trick or Treat' antics. Eeeh, I'm a miserable old git!
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Dontcha just love the M1? The only bit I like is the toll road and that's 'cos there is no bugger on it
      Yep, am looking forward to the weekend, but I'll probably stay in and watch the F1. Trying to decide if I should buy some fireworks and crank up the barbie for next Thursday. I think yes, but there are a couple of good displays on round here so I might be persuaded otherwise
      The main task for this weekend wil be to dodge the sprogs 'Trick or Treat' antics. Eeeh, I'm a miserable old git!
      It's the M6 Toll

I'd forgotten about Halloween Still, we don't really get plagued too much here as a rule - living on a busy main road has its advantages

I assume some of the colleges will be having firework displays next week - they put on some amazing ones for their summer balls

Comment

In the Chinese now, waiting for chow mein and such :

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          It's the M6 Toll
          D'oh!
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The rain's arrived, then gone again

I daresay it'll be back again soon

Comment

No rain here yet. How was the Chinese?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Very nice thanks

Off to the pub in a few minutes - I imagine there'll be quite a few long faces there, particularly amongst the staff

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Very nice thanks

Off to the pub in a few minutes - I imagine there'll be quite a few long faces there, particularly amongst the staff
                  I can imagine .
                  I'm going to listen to some tunes - old, old stuff I think. Currently Bob Seger - Night Moves.
                  Have a good pint!
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Have a good pint!
                    Thanks

It turned out it had been a very busy night - the local football thing was "playing at home" or something like that (I don't understand all the intricacies), it's payday weekend for the salaried types, and of course loads of people were there for the ghoul factor.

Or, as I put it: "Oh look, that place we haven't been in for twenty years is closing down. Let's go there and prate loudly about what a shame it all is."

Comment

Good Evening, if there is anyone around.

We've just had our first lot of trick-or-treaters.

This is a novel experience for us since we never used to get bothered in London, I don't know for sure but suspect that the tradition is not considered to be very Islamic which would count virtually all the local kids out.

It was OK. They were little kids and said thank you.

We'll see if I am completely pissed off with it by the end of the evening.

Comment

Working...
                      X