• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Am leaving TPD for the evening so goodnight all
    Goodnight Zippy

Remember, you may leave TPD, but TPD never leaves you

Comment

Morning
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I think I'm the first in today
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            The only problem is that there will be no-one around to make me a brew in the morning
            So, stop in bed.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              I picked her up from school this afternoon and took her bike.
              All her friends were looking at it and asking if she could ride it with stabilisers.

Not 'without'?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The Dutch always say that, but deep down inside they like it if you make the effort
                I did German at school and wasn't bad at it. As a consequence I find I can read Dutch fairly easily.

I reckon Dutch is easier than German; it seems sort of like a hybrid of German and English.

Aren't the Dutch our longest-standing allies?

I've been to Holland a few times (and going back next year too for a conference) and can't find fault with the place. Nor the people.

Comment

One time Gerda and I were in a bar near Dam Square and I ordered our beers in Dutch. The barmaid brought the drinks and said a whole load of gobbledegook.

Confused, I turned to Gerda, whereupon she and the barmaid both burst out laughing.

It turned that she'd been saying what a nice change it was to
                  meet an English person who had taken the trouble to learn Dutch
                  I only have a smattering of spoken French and can write bugger all. Just my usual essential phrases such as "two beers, please" and "a double room, please".

Stood in a long fast food restaurant queue in the South of France, the bloke behind asked me something. I responded "Excuse noi, je ne parlez pas Francais".

The woman with him said something and the whole queue fell about laughing.

One of the others translated: "It sounds perfect to me!"

But I'm sure she said something quite different.

Not that I care. The French only exist to be a buffer between us and the Germans.

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

One time Gerda and I were in a bar near Dam Square and I ordered our beers in Dutch.
                      I spent a lunchtime with a big bruvva in a bar in Germany, ordering food and drink and doing some small talk with the manager all in German.

After the meal my bruvva asked me to translate a chocolate bar wrapper and I struggled with the ingredients. The manager intervened and translated.

That was when the manager came clean: he was from Walthamstow.

"I didn't say anything because you were doing just fine." That was nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X