• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta go back and catch up now...
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I have taken up mafia wars! It is consuming most of my spare time at the moment!
      Sounds like something I need to avoid.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Saturday I took Mrs BP to bluewater for XMAS shopping.

I hate big shopping centres.

I hate shopping.

It's the crowds, you see.

Comment

Lately, I get a "script timeout error" every time I go to the Bellylaugh web site.

Comment

Read it now.

That's just silly.

So "evening" is an offensive term because Merkins eat their dinner at tea time?

And "child" is offensive because it suggests criminality?

And the slang term "gay" is preferable to "homosexual"?

I am reminded of attending a Playscheme training day thirty years ago when suddenly one of the senior social workers present suddenly leaped up and screamed (yes, screamed) "They are NOT children. They are young adults and should be treated as such." We were talking about the under-5s.

On another part on that course we were told to 'phone the Police if someone should get assaulted or serious damage be made to the premises. A huge muttering amongst the audience, then dissent and finally mutiny as most of those present agree that involving the Police is always wrong, including when a child is hospitalised by another or arson carried out.

For some reason, I ultimately decided to work with machines, not people.

Comment

Marie Clair, spokeswoman for the Plain English Campaign,
              As opposed to "Women's Weekly, spokeswoman for the Sponge Cakes Campaign" and "Cosmopolitan, spokeswoman for the Women-masturbating-is-sex-with-onesself-but-men-are-all-still-winkers Campaign."

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                I got a T-Mobile 3G thing.

It autoinstalled an image compression add-on into Firefox. Now ALL images in Firefox are very, very grainy regardless of how I connect to the InterNet.

I can see no way to disable or uninstall it.
                Having rummaged about with Google learning about FireFox and add-on installers and the like, it appears this ByteMobile Optimisation Client cannot be uninstalled because it does not get installed with the installer.

Instead, one must use RegEdit and that isn't coming with any guarantees of success either.

I thought using FireFox meant I would not need to bugger about with the registry to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  The Lustee was very chatty this morning.

And...?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Post 202,202
                    Sheesh! The things I do in my pathetic attempts to fit in

Noooooo. TPD hasn't got under your skin.

Nice repeater, BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      Despite your many recommendations I haven't got around to watching any of Police Ten 7 yet. This clip did come to my attention in the last week though:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UX8KASASU (SFW)

A policeman stops a youth on the street at 3am and ends up giving him advice about hot pie safety. These are some mean streets in this part of the world I tell ya.
                      "Always blow on the pie. Safer Communities Together."

Please tell me that's a drama and not real. Please.

Comment

Working...
                      X