• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    night all
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Night everyone
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Thank you!

Right off to bed now!

Comment

Right.

Time to get on with the bottling.

Comment

Oops. Didn't clean enough bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Oops. Didn't clean enough bottles.
              An empty 2 litre lemonade bottle finished the job.

Now, for washing up.

Comment

Now, for washing up.
                I'm always a good boy because I sanitise the equipment after use too.

Comment

And so TPD goes quiet.

Those involved in the race have gone to bed.

I'm going to play games, web browse and generally let the CUK server get its breath back. Allow the hamster to soak its poor, sore feet.

I shall lurk and also be quiet.

But first...

Comment

For NickFitz

Purely by chance, I listened to Poetry Please on Radio 4 this evening for the first time ever. It was their 30th anniversary edition. I enjoyed it far more than I expected.

They finished it with a poem from the current poet laureate, Carol Ann Duffy. The poem was Prayer and it made me think of NickFitz:
                    Prayer

Some days, although we cannot pray, a prayer
                    utters itself. So, a woman will lift
                    her head from the sieve of her hands and stare
                    at the minims sung by a tree, a sudden gift.

Some nights, although we are faithless, the truth
                    enters our hearts, that small familiar pain;
                    then a man will stand stock-still, hearing his youth
                    in the distant Latin chanting of a train.

Pray for us now. Grade 1 piano scales
                    console the lodger looking out across
                    a Midlands town. Then dusk, and someone calls
                    a child's name as though they named their loss.

Darkness outside. Inside, the radio's prayer -
                    Rockall. Malin. Dogger. Finisterre.

Carol Ann Duffy

Comment

Right.

Time to get on with the bottling.
                      Leave it aaht! Yer can't bottle it now!

Oh, you mean the booze

Comment

Working...
                      X