• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    did you leave them 'til last?
    Damn.

I forgot.

You've explained all this to me before, I think.

Or to someone else while I was lurking.

I'll have to get another curry in now so I can try it.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

i'd have been 12 or 13 or 14 i suppose.... it was my first proper adult book.

Comment

The problem is, however, we could hardly move when we'd eaten what we had and we both had stufff still on our plates.

We'd have not been able to face the poppadoms.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

i mean it's not often you get offered free false hope is it?
          I dunno. I seem to be offered it frequently. I just choose to decline.

Comment

<slaps head> ouch!

now, <sternly> how good do you think a poppadom would taste right now?

Comment

I suppose all these people that pre-order things (as opposed to the old fashioned 'ordering' things) are buying false hope.

Comment

Like pre-ordering a Wee-Station 2000 for delivery for Christmas when they're not even in the shops in Japan.

Or pre-ordering concert tickets for a Michal Jackson concert.

Comment

i recall reading it and having an epiphany. not an obvious reaction to desmond bagley i'll grant you..

Comment

why won'y my keys work?
                    Wrong lock. Wrong house. Her husband has changed the locks. She has moved. You are in the wrong time dimension.

Comment

but once i'd read it suddenly there was a whole new world of fiction to explore and that new world included a certain james jones and the thin red line.

Comment

Working...
                      X