• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how everyone on here loves a good wikipedia random fact.......

Comment

February 7—Battle of Montesarchio: Prince Pandulf IV of Benevento is killed battling the encroaching Normans.
      The Liao Dynasty emperor rejects a proposal for all Khitan people to adopt surnames.
      William the Conqueror orders the White Tower to be built.
      November 25 – Magreb unites the Tengizi island chain, and becomes the first king of the Kingdom of Tengiz.

But what was the year?

Comment

I was wondering what the white tower was. Well here is the answer :-

The Tower of London is often identified with the White Tower, the original stark square fortress built by William the Conqueror[1] in 1078. However, the tower as a whole is a complex of several buildings set within two concentric rings of defensive walls and moat.

Comment

Art Island (Île d'Art) is the largest of the Belep Islands archipelago in New Caledonia. It has an area of 53 km² (20 sq. miles). Chief settlement is Waala, which is also the capital of Belep commune.

Comment

Leitrim-Roscommon North was a parliamentary constituency represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas.

Comment

England keeper Robert Green was sent off as Ukraine wrecked their 100% record in the World Cup qualifiers.

Green saw red after only 13 minutes for fouling Artem Milevskiy after he cashed in on Rio Ferdinand's mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                England keeper Robert Green was sent off as Ukraine wrecked their 100% record in the World Cup qualifiers.

Green saw red after only 13 minutes for fouling Artem Milevskiy after he cashed in on Rio Ferdinand's mistake.
                That of course was not from wikipedia.......

Comment

Marge Piercy's novel Woman on the Edge of Time (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1976). The novel is considered a classic of utopian "speculative" science fiction as well as a feminist classic.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Marge Piercy's novel Woman on the Edge of Time (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1976). The novel is considered a classic of utopian "speculative" science fiction as well as a feminist classic.
                    I have never heard of it.

Comment

I must go to the charity shop soon and pick up some books. I am on my last one. The burning shore by wilbur smith.

Comment

Working...
                      X