• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Virgin Media "upgraded" the street-corner boxes round here, a service that worked perfectly well for years has gone totally manure

Oh, and since that useless **** Branson bought up ntl:, their customer service operation has become even more tulip than it already was

As you might have gathered, my broadband still isn't working... again

At this time of night, it is at least easy to get through the endless maze of menus to an actual person - though I have to say that I live in the city with the highest proportion of people descended from the Indian sub-continent in the UK, and I'm damn sure that the people I get to speak to aren't here, or anywhere else outside of the Indian sub-continent.

Tonight's apology was for the fact that the people in the call centre are currently unable to access any of their diagnostic programs. It was helpfully suggested that, if I call back after 6am, they might then be able to determine if it's a problem that requires yet another engineer's visit.

I feel sorry for those poor sods in India. They have to spend all day (or whatever time it is there) apologising for the fact that a bunch of greedy capitalist bastards are screwing them over by forcing them to explain the truth in such mealy-mouthed terms that it doesn't sound as if the greedy capitalist bastards are screwing me over. It's as if Virgin Media is forcing people into prostitution, and then demanding that they apologise to the punters for being powerless whores.

If they can just get this stuff working reliably again, fine. Otherwise, they'll have a once-happy-but-now-utterly-disgruntled-customer-who-knows-exactly-how-to-use-the-intarwebs-and-the-media-to-make-their-disgruntlement-heard on their hands

Comment

morning disgruntled one and all.

Comment

what does the day hold for us?

Comment

toys r us for us

Comment

aliens is what we are after.

and wall-e

Comment

i might get some pencils too though probably better off going to a art shop for them.

Comment

must go and get provisions too. we are running low on stuff. and kids need a lot of stuff. big kids too.

Comment

need more coffee.

need more drivel

Comment

bears tvr was nice and shiny. wonder how much the annual service cost will be.

Comment

the tvr jomar:

http://homepage.mac.com/tvr43/histor...arge/ww19a.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X