• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeee

Comment

SIL was living with her partner in his house.

However SIL and partners daughter don't see eye-2-eye and have already had words about the venue for the wake.

Its only a matter of time before both parties engage solicitors, the daughter will kick SIL out of the house and freeze her out

Comment

Comment

Evening denizens

Bit of trouble getting into the hotel tonight. Apparently they've replaced a number of the locks, including the one on my room for this week. Unfortunately, somebody had blundered when attaching the keys to the numbered keyrings (no new-fangled key cards here), so the key wouldn't actually open the door

The chap on reception had to go hunting around in the back until he eventually found the right one. His neatly-trimmed fingernails meant that it then took him nearly three minutes to get the wrong key off the keyring and the correct key on there

Comment

Evenin' NickFitz

Was most impressed with your solution to Chef's Python problem.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              SIL was living with her partner in his house.

However SIL and partners daughter don't see eye-2-eye and have already had words about the venue for the wake.

Its only a matter of time before both parties engage solicitors, the daughter will kick SIL out of the house and freeze her out
              Awful

Why are people so nasty to each other? I've always thought that we were put on this earth to be kind to each other and make each other happy. There can't be any other teleological explanation of our presence.

Unfortunately, it seems that many people haven't got with the programme. It's not a good state of affairs

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Evenin' NickFitz

Was most impressed with your solution to Chef's Python problem.
                Hi Zip

As I said, the IDE really did all the work. Admittedly I did spend an hour or so setting up dummy FTP accounts and testing various permutations of the code... but at the end of the day that little red marker in Pydev had the right answer all along

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Awful

Why are people so nasty to each other? I've always thought that we were put on this earth to be kind to each other and make each other happy. There can't be any other teleological explanation of our presence.

Unfortunately, it seems that many people haven't got with the programme. It's not a good state of affairs
                  Yep it's awful but we are an aggressive species. Funerals tend to bring out the worst in people - my family were dreadful. Hopefully they will all pull together in the end.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Yep it's awful but we are an aggressive species. Funerals tend to bring out the worst in people - my family were dreadful. Hopefully they will all pull together in the end.
                    Or, as Tom Lehrer has it, We Will All Go Together When We Go

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Awful

I generally find it better to expect less of people until they have proved themselves different.

That way I never feel let-down or disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                      X