• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    There's just too much chaos at Chateau Flux to really take on a dog at the moment.

That's what we've heard, although we know someone with a couple of pups that seemed to be doing OK when last we heard. I'd really love one, but not sure we'd be up to the challenge though
    I'd think long and hard about it. They are not easy to train to be "pets", they need huge amounts of exercise and you absolutely have to be the one in charge with them. The pack instinct is enourmously strong with them and you have to be top dog or they will be uncontrollable.

They are beautifull dogs, but I wouldnt want to take one on as a pet tbh.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hmmm (SFW).
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

mainly because their local fav's the horslips used to cover it. good band name that. the horslips. i should go and see if i can get some and put it on a new ipod for her for xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I'd think long and hard about it. They are not easy to train to be "pets", they need huge amounts of exercise and you absolutely have to be the one in charge with them. The pack instinct is enourmously strong with them and you have to be top dog or they will be uncontrollable.

whs. don't do it.

Comment

That's the conclusion we reached as well.

The missus and I both fancy doing the 3 day sled trip to the ice hotel. Some day.

Comment

And a takeaway.
              But what to have?

Comment

That's the conclusion we reached as well.

The missus and I both fancy doing the 3 day sled trip to the ice hotel. Some day.
                Well if things calm down in the meantime I know a gorgeous little staffy pup who needs a good home.

The sledding thing sounds fun. Just remember, sled dogs tulip on the run and you're the one bumping along behind them
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  mainly because their local fav's the horslips used to cover it. good band name that. the horslips. i should go and see if i can get some and put it on a new ipod for her for xmas.
                  she donated hers so that i could fill it up with music my dad would like when he was in hospital. and my mum has been using it a lot - she likes hearing his favourite music too. she doesn't have to choose - it just plays. comforting.

Comment

a predictable"down by the river" and now a rather rare "dance danec dance"

Comment

Well if things calm down in the meantime I know a gorgeous little staffy pup who needs a good home.
                      TBH I'm not a great fan of terriers - we'd probably look to get something a little bigger.

The sledding thing sounds fun. Just remember, sled dogs tulip on the run and you're the one bumping along behind them
                      We had a great time sledding when we went to Lapland at Christmas a couple of years back. Although I fell off the back of mine leaving DS1 and DS2 to be dragged off into the wilderness minus anyone to operate the brake. DS1 caught the whole thing on video - including the moment when the sled (minus me) took a bend too fast and ended up being dragged along on its side.

The skidoo ride to catch up with them was fun too, if a little intense.

Incredible animals - the missus had a racing team attached to her sled and left the ground over a couple of bumps.
                      Last edited by voodooflux; 2 October 2009, 16:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X