• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening 5x
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Evening 5x
      Hiya Zippy, how are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Evening everyone

Good news about your Mum, VF

Just downloading the podcasts that SA mentioned about last week in General - the C25K - Couch to 5k.

I'm going to get up early in the morning and give it a blast! Then on Thursday, I'm going to make Churchy come with me
        I'll try my best to keep up dear...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Hiya Zippy, how are you ?
          OK thanks. You?
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I'll try my best to keep up dear...

Comment

Evening.

I finally got around to reading the latest Private Eye today. (It takes a week to get to me but even so I have been a bit slow reading it).

That's your local that gets a mention in there isn't it Nick? Do you think the attention will do it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                Evening.

I finally got around to reading the latest Private Eye today. (It takes a week to get to me but even so I have been a bit slow reading it).

That's your local that gets a mention in there isn't it Nick? Do you think the attention will do it any good?
                Hi Gonzo

Yup, that's the pub - although they got the name wrong; substitute "p" for "b"

The council, having been desperate to rush ahead, then realised that they hadn't gone through the necessary procedures such as road closure notices. Being a bunch of craven upstarts, they've rushed these through and are trying to get rid of the bridge ASAP - signs about road closures were put in place by the weekend just gone

Nobody - neither the Council nor DMU - yet claims to have the faintest idea of whether the pub will need to go or not. It strikes me as rather odd that their plans are so well-formulated, yet simultaneously so vague. I assume it's a divide-and-conquer strategy: get rid of the bridge whilst leaving the fate of the pub up in the air, then get rid of the pub once those who want to keep the bridge are no longer interested. Bastards

Comment

Much tiredness + the Shipping Forecast => much snooziness

Goodnight denizens

Comment

Been awake since 5:40.

I'm bored.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I've had a job offer from USA-STOP-AIDS. They want to cure AIDS in Europe and need me to be the "Controller of Humanitarian Assistance Gathering".

They contacted me from a Hotmail address. I have to accept to a Gmail address.

Spot the implausible bit:

a) the real charity USA STOP AIDS uses Monster for recruitment (which is where they got my email address);

b) they do mailshots using Hotmail / Gmail;

c) A Merkin charity wants to help people outside the USA;

d) A Merkin charity has even heard of Europe.

And the really, really silly bit? Two people on LinkedIn boast of being "Controller of Humanitarian Assistance Gathering" for USA-STOP-AIDS.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X