• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    does she like handbags?
    Not as much as CM!

Until he sees the Doctor we won't know - I just told him that whatever it turns out to be we'll deal with it.

Comment

Morning everyone

Morning doggie
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        handful of tea bag in my drawer. I'll leave them.

3/4 jar douwe egberts coffee - I'll take that home.

Just my book, pen, cup and glass to take.
        how long have you been there?

Comment

I need a poo.
          Blaming it on permies since 1989

Comment

Originally posted by umbongo View Post
            I need a poo.
            I'll send you one of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              ...I pointed out that the perceived quality of music changes as one ages, in that one likes something but later realises it's rubbish - but sometimes the opposite applies, and one thinks something is rubbish but comes to appreciate it as one gets older
              or that things that you thought were great and then thought were rubbish then become great again

it is true that knowledge, experience and preferences (taste) changes over time. this can be due to standing still whilst everything else changes or moving along (or against) the times. it is easier (less challenging, more comforting and self gratifying) to stay still but before you know it you're old and set in your ways...

Still, we agreed that almost everything done in the name of rap is crap
              i'm not a rap fan at all though i like eminem's output (thank to dr dre i suppose) and run dmc did produce some excellent stuff. the thing is that these are rock based - i like them because they are familiar (less challenging, more comforting....) i should probably step out a bit and try some more. wonder if there is any decent rapjazz? (i bet there is..)

Anyway, I listened to some Glenn Miller followed by some Japanese pop on the way home - I think that straddles a range sufficient to demonstrate that whatever ways I may be set in, they are at least non-obvious
              that's the way. i prefer benny goodman to glen miller (thanks mostly to charlie christian) but a bit of swing is a good thing.

to go back to your first point - i am starting to prefer the big band swing of the 40's much, much more. i used to dislike it - preferring original trad or later bebop. now i realise that i was wrong to dismiss it.
              Last edited by DS23; 25 September 2009, 09:22. Reason: rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffff

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                it is easier (less challenging, more comforting and self gratifying) to stay still but before you know it you're old and set in your ways...
                Nothing wrong with that.

Young whippersnappers.

Bah.

Humbug.

Comment

i was listening to r4 on the commute. was a small piece on the increased numbers of spiders this season.

Comment

something to do with the mild weather. but is it hearsay? nobody knows. so they are asking people to count the spiders that they see around the home and garden.

Comment

and they went to an outside broadcast in norfolk where the countries largest spider (the raft spider?) is in severe decline. but not this year. possibly. apparently.

Comment

Working...
                      X