• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Andorra is home to a unique species of goat: its horns are open at the top and have a spiral tube in their core which is connected, via the Eustachian Tube, to the goat's respiratory system. As a result, the goats are able to swim with their heads submerged, using their horns as snorkels, and often employ this capability to capture fish for food. They are the only known species of goat to subsist on a diet that is not wholly herbivorous.

I'm thinking of adding that to the Wikipedia page for Andorra, for no very good reason

I think it has a sufficient air of authority to confuse people for a while.

To get past the "no original research, citation needed" thing is simple: one creates a blog with the title Travels in Andorra, adds some spurious content including the above, then adds a link thereto as a footnote. As a rule, this tends to satisfy the Wikipedians for at least a few days
    Make it so.

And what can we do to support this? Add comments to the blog about seeing them? References to seeing these goats in action in a Sea World visit?

Ever since I saw "LOL memory" I have been wanting to sabotage something in Wikipedia.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Morning all
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        A passing crane fly flew over my tinned-fruit-and-ice-cream bowl. I swatted it with my spoon and in so doing knocked two legs into the bowl.
        Ouch.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

A house spider is creeping across the shelving unit in front of me.

That's 3 in about 10 days.

^^^^ was written at about 1 a.m.

I ran away to bed before posting.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Train late (again). Signalling problems at Llansamlet.

It's always worrying when the driver gets out...
            Even more so when you get an announcement "The driver hit something with a hammer and now we can set off again".

Comment

Morning all.

Day off.

So, naturally enough, I now have a stiff neck having ricked it getting out of bed this morning.

Comment

However, I may be able to drive to the tyre place to get 4 new tyres for the ZeitMobile.

I think I shall opt for cheap & nasty but not Chinese.

This seems a reasonable option.

I used to buy Vriedestein tyres.

They're very good.

I got 50k out of a set on my go slower Polo.

Sadly, they don't appear to do 165-70-R-14.

Never mind, I'm sure the Tigar ones will do.

Doesn't matter a lot considering I only do about 35 miles a week these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  time for another coffee methinks. bet the lady wot does the machine maintenance is busy in its guts though. why do they do that in the morning?
                  At a previous ClientCo an engineer came and opened up the drinks machine and found it a quarter full of orange and brown fur. So that explained the weird smell that had always been there and the random tummy troubles.

The first big mystery was why the regular topper-upper had not reported it / cleaned it. The second big mystery was who summoned the engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    RC must be going crazy.
                    The speed I'm getting is driving me mental.

I started placing an order with VistaPrint at 20:30 and it took until 1:00 a.m. to finish it. The images appeared one every minute or so. Some pages took over half an hour to appear.

Comment

so when people complained that the coffee tasted like rats piss - they weren't far wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X