• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And when I do at Branson, it will be my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 91TXM 21" monitor... an excellent CRT, and a shame to lose it; but it weighs a ton and would almost be worth sacrificing if I knew it was going to land on Beardy's bonce
    That's still my main monitor on my desktop rig! I bought it *very* cheap when I worked for Mitsubishi (in the guise of Apricot Computers) a good few years ago. Happy days.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      couldn't wait for a wii resort sport review so i just bought it anyways.

Comment

That's me finished with the TPD time machine for now. I'll put it on to charge.

Comment

Afternoon denizens
          Afternoon Nick

Sorry to hear about your Mum, VF
          Cheer Nick. She's where she needs to be at the moment, and she'll hopeully be out in a few days.

My Dad's back home and feeling fine now
          That's good news - TPD best wishes to him

Right, time to call Virgin Media and report this fault...
          Good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            That's still my main monitor on my desktop rig! I bought it *very* cheap when I worked for Mitsubishi (in the guise of Apricot Computers) a good few years ago. Happy days.
            Good kit

I had one in the design studio I worked in a few years ago. One Saturday I used Remote Desktop to connect to my machine at work, then used that to connect to our IIS server down in Telehouse... it was quite confusing when I closed down that connection and saw my work desktop, exactly as if I was in the office due to the monitors being the same - then disconnected from that and, suddenly, I was back in OS X

Comment

Good kit
              Absolutely, and even more so given that I paid £120 for it rather than the list price of over £1000

I first saw one on a demo system at Apricot that was equipped with a 3DFX Voodoo graphics chip and running the original Tomb Raider. Within days I had purchased my first PC with the same top end spec as that demo system, and it still set me back more than £2000 after my staff discount

Comment

Good kit

I had one in the design studio I worked in a few years ago. One Saturday I used Remote Desktop to connect to my machine at work, then used that to connect to our IIS server down in Telehouse... it was quite confusing when I closed down that connection and saw my work desktop, exactly as if I was in the office due to the monitors being the same - then disconnected from that and, suddenly, I was back in OS X
                I did that on my last contract - remote into dev machine, remote from there into web servers. Erm, so which process am I terminating exactly? Where am I?

It was by sheer luck that I never cocked anything up, but it was close ...
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

When it's hot outside, there's nothing like a guided tour of a national archive. (Sometimes it's not just what you know, it's who you know too )
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I bought some "Cadbury Oat and Chocolate chip" biscuits (the lower case 'c' is theirs).

They have all the appeal of chewing gravel.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well, that was a waste of time

I decided that the time has come to get an iPhone. Off I went into town and, having eventually found a parking space, made my way to the foul Temple of Mammon that blights the city centre.

Entering the O2 store, things were quite promising: it only took three minutes for one of the sales assistants to notice me and ask if they could help:

"I'd like a 32 Gig Pay & Go iPhone, please."

"I'm sorry, we don't have any."

"Ah..."

"Your best bet is the Apple Store - along there in the new bit of the shopping centre."

"OK, thanks." (Thinks to self: Ooh goody, we've got an Apple Store at last!)

Steeling myself to the wretched ordeal of passing among the throngs of consumers, I wandered deeper into the bowels of the place and eventually espied the big white Apple logo.

Entering the store, I wandered around for a bit, somewhat confused by the lack of anything resembling a counter. Eventually I determined that a small gaggle of people in blue t-shirts must be the staff.

Approaching them, I managed to catch one's eye long enough that he broke off his conversation with one of his mates:

"Can I help you?"

"I'd like a 32 Gig Pay & Go iPhone, please."

"I'm sorry, we can't sell them at the moment."

""

"Yeah, the system we use to activate them has gone down - we've no idea when it'll be up again, it could be half an hour, it could be two hours... sorry."

"OK..."

iPhail

Comment

Working...
                      X