• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The builder has discovered the cement he left in his wheelbarrow overnight is not to his satisfaction this morning.

He's gos his concrete mixer going and he's banging away at his wheelbarrow and on the skip.

Noisy bastard.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Time to pack up the network, I think. It's either that or empty the spider-filled shed.

Oh, arse. It's started pissing down again.

You'll have to drivel to the kilopost without me.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
        Would love to - but you just admitted drinking lager. Sorry.
        Eh?

Comment

Morning everyone
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Morning all...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Indeed! This is one of the few cars on the road that carries no "carbon debt"!

And yes, the rollover was celebrated in song on the A14 at the eastern outskirts of Kettering
              I forgot to mention that the much mourned Big Bloo Volvo had achieved 212,000 miles when it passed on...

Though I suspect strongly that at 20 odd mpg it never really achieved a zero carbon debt...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I thank you (as does the Super Monkey Car)

As it was first on the road on 1 August 1989 (though built in February 1989), it works out to about 8,500 miles a year throughout its lifetime. I had the good fortune to meet it in December 2001, when it was just over 103,000 miles; so it has kept to a rough average of 8,500 miles a year throughout my ownership.

I don't know enough about motor cars to have any idea whether or not these figures are significant; all I know is that it's taking me to Brighton tomorrow
                For a while I was doing in excess of 12k per year in the Croma... it was a lovely car... comfortable & effortless cruising at 80... best seats of any car I've ever had.

Even better, it only cost £300 in the first place.

I spent over a grand on bits for it though...

Sadly the tinworm got it in the end...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Even better, it only cost £300 in the first place
                  The Big Bloo Volvo cost £150... plus £70 for a new starter motor...

The petrol costs were considerable though... and the amount of oil it consumed^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hleaked was enormous.

Putting in more than the minimum level on the dipstick was A Really Bad Idea...

Comment

For a while I was doing in excess of 12k per year in the Croma... it was a lovely car... comfortable & effortless cruising at 80... best seats of any car I've ever had.

What colour was it?
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      What colour was it?
                      A sort of reddish brown by the sound of it
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X