• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    What was I going to say?
    Hic? Wibble?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hurrah! Such a long life.

It's getting greener by the week! The energy cost of Super Monkey Car's construction divided by its use is becoming very low indeed. Well done .

Did you see it change? That is, clock over to 170,000?
      Indeed! This is one of the few cars on the road that carries no "carbon debt"!

And yes, the rollover was celebrated in song on the A14 at the eastern outskirts of Kettering

Comment

If I were granted one wish, and only one wish, I think it might be:

"To live long enough to read EVERYTHING on Wikipedia."
        FWIW, a reasonable amount of this page is still as I wrote it some years ago; the additions, deletions and modifications that brought it to its current state have been to the benefit of the reader

Comment

Do you have any idea just how highly you are held in regard on here, NF?

I'm still trying to work out how to get a tune out of this stalk of hay...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

My Croma got to something like 165k, and the VW Polo (1064cc) got to 163k... (of which 163k I did 105k back & forth on the M4 between Neath & Cwmbran).
            I thank you (as does the Super Monkey Car)

As it was first on the road on 1 August 1989 (though built in February 1989), it works out to about 8,500 miles a year throughout its lifetime. I had the good fortune to meet it in December 2001, when it was just over 103,000 miles; so it has kept to a rough average of 8,500 miles a year throughout my ownership.

I don't know enough about motor cars to have any idea whether or not these figures are significant; all I know is that it's taking me to Brighton tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Gosh RC you are so right. It's lovely in here, and so much nicer than General.

TPD is what the Internet is for. Everything else is just the noise we use to camouflage the signal

Comment

Good morning Peeps! (from CheeryTowers!)

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  Good morning Peeps! (from CheeryTowers!)
                  Would you mind using a silencer on that gun when you kill yourself, please?

Some of us have a lager hangover to nurse.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The builder was early today. At 8 a.m. he was banging on the wall to say he had arrived.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Would you mind using a silencer on that gun when you kill yourself, please?

Some of us have a lager hangover to nurse.
                      Would love to - but you just admitted drinking lager. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X