• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    thanks for the offer.... I might use the wifes car to take them to the tip
    Now don't you go upsetting that lovely lady!
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Now don't you go upsetting that lovely lady!
      She is out tonight with her girlie mates, stopping out as well.

She will be rough and tired tomorrow... Might have to give the sunday dinner a miss

Comment

She is out tonight with her girlie mates, stopping out as well.

She will be rough and tired tomorrow... Might have to give the sunday dinner a miss
        Rough and tired!

Don't want to make you paranoid, but are you sure it's Girlie mates?

Comment

Rough and tired!

Don't want to make you paranoid, but are you sure it's Girlie mates?
          of course its the girlies - who else could it be

I'm off to bed now - as well as the fencing I've got to re-felt my shed and the kids play house.

Comment

I'm off to bed now - as well as the fencing I've got to re-felt my shed and the kids play house.

G'night 5x

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Ah.

TPD.

Hours of endless fun for the slightly demented...

You know it makes no sense

Comment

evening all

Diver and 5* turn up, and I miss it

Ah well, to you both <- manly

Comment

Tonight wasn't quite as expected.

I've been feeling pretty knackered all day. I know what it is: all week I've been developing that peculiar form of stress that comes from staying in a hotel four nights a week for prolonged periods of time. I'd been feeling quite OK with it for several weeks, so the crash was due; I think it happened this week because I spent most of the time looking forward to next week.

Anyway, I found myself very relaxed but tired today. About the time I normally head out, I was still feeling tired, and thought about staying in. Then I reasoned with myself:
                  "Of course you feel tired. You've just come down from being stressed, and you've spent all day sat in an armchair, and you've just had a massive dinner.

"You need to get out! A good brisk walk down the pub will get the circulation moving and give you a breath of fresh air. That's what you need, not festering in the flat with a DVD or a book!"

I followed my own advice and headed out

By the time I got to the pub I'd realised that getting some fresh air and some healthy exercise wasn't actually helping - I was, in fact, knackered

Still, I was there then, so I figured I might as well have a rest and take some sustenance (in liquid form to avoid overburdening the alimentary tract) to help me face the journey back.

Luckily the FMB bar is on the way home, so I was able to stop off there and ensure that I didn't attempt the hazardous walk back down the main road until I was completely refreshed

I'm still knackered though

Comment

Welcome, stranger...

Don't see you often in these parts...

Comment

Me too.

I've been waiting for the last 3 weeks for it to be dry enough & warm enough to do that...

Oh well.

2010 is another year I suppose...

Comment

Working...
                      X