• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Do West Brom have any players left?
    We'd have more if your lot stopped nicking 'em
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I got the impression from VF's previous posts that the players they did have weren't exactly helping, so maybe it makes more sense to just sell them off, pocket the cash, and send the youth team in to bat
      They're not doing too badly - we're top of the championship at the moment
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Better get the dinner on in a bit, I suppose.

Leg of "Welsh Hill Lamb", which I assume to be a sheep from a hill in Wales, today

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          They're not doing too badly - we're top of the championship at the moment
          "The championship" - that's the one that isn't the Premiership, isn't it?

Comment

That would be correct

Comment

One of the neighbours has a bonfire. They have been burning old wood and garden waste. Unpleasant but bearable.

However, that smell has completely disappeared. That's because of the plastic they have thrown on it.

It reeks, and the carcinogens are familiar from A level Chemistry.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Better get the dinner on in a bit, I suppose.

Leg of "Welsh Hill Lamb", which I assume to be a sheep from a hill in Wales, today
                Just so long as it's a downhill leg. They're much longer than the uphill legs.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Is that above or below the 1st Division?

Comment

I remember when they introduced that peculiar business of renaming the First Division as "The Premiership" and shifting all the others up one ordinal number

The local mob were facing (and ultimately achieved) relegation from the First Division at the end of the final season before the New World Order was established. Some chap in the pub, talking to me about it under the misapprehension that I gave a damn, opined that "At least with the Premiership starting, we'll be playing in the First Division even if we do go down."

Once I'd finally stopped laughing, I pointed out that the Second Division changing its name to the First Division did not negate the simple fact that it was the second division

Comment

Once I'd finally stopped laughing, I pointed out that the Second Division changing its name to the First Division did not negate the simple fact that it was the second division
                      True, and the logical conclusion to this nonsense is that eventually there will be no numbers in the league names. They'll just be rebranded with pointless titles until nobody knows which league is above which.

Comment

Working...
                      X