• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to see Coco Before Chanel tonight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Did I mention that I'd never met him until this morning when he came to my desk asking "Can you use JavaScript to move the mouse pointer?"
      I have two comments.

1. "Punch the monkey"

and

2. "VULNERABILITY FOUND!!! Click here to download a free virus scan"
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Although a buyer for Planet Rock was found
        A consortium of buyers. Those that get the most royalties, as far as I could see at a quick glance at the time. Fairy nuffski.

It has joined our collection of stations we listen to; primarily because of Breakfast with Alice.

Since Jonothan Ross came back from his ban he has been dreadful; Planet Rock's "Rock's Place" is far better. So that's what I now have on on Saturday mornings.

I miss OneWord, but only in principle. I cannot listen to a book in 62 parts.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Did I mention that I'd never met him until this morning when he came to my desk asking "Can you use JavaScript to move the mouse pointer?"

I thought I'd heard most of the hairbrained ideas people could come up with for websites but I've actually never encountered that one

The mind boggles as to why he would want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Something terrible has happened. I was reluctantly using Linux on my previous gig and floundering around like a fish out of water. Now I'm back on XP at my current gig and I'm missing the bloody Linux command line

I hate it, but it can be so useful at times
            So use the XP command line (start, run COMMAND or CMD).

Or is it a particular shell's functionality you miss?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Over the dried out husk of my dead body.

Probably.
              I'm sure your octoped overlords would accept that compromise.

Comment

So use the XP command line (start, run COMMAND or CMD).

Or is it a particular shell's functionality you miss?
                Yep, simple things like typing 'ls' instead of 'dir' all the time, but also more useful things like 'grep' and piping commands into each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I'm sure your octoped overlords would accept that compromise.
                  Whereas the alien octopeds underfoot will accept what they're given.

Comment

This smiley --->

That's not a dancing banana.

It's a skiing banana.

Comment

Whereas the alien octopeds underfoot will accept what they're given.
                      Yes, but there will always be more to take their place. They can fail many times, you can't fail once.

Comment

Working...
                      X