• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove past the local boozer at 20 mph, gazing in the window and drooling.

But if there's one thing worse when you're on the bench than daytime TV, it's the pub.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      After you move come back one night and superglue their locks. And pour some quick drying cement into their drain. You will feel alot better......
      The drain will be a new one by then. Apparently the numpty builder put his pickaxe through it earlier today.

He knows how to make money, this fellah.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

maybe he needs an assistant to help him make some more?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          I drove past the local boozer at 20 mph, gazing in the window and drooling.
          head out the window and tongue hanging out too i hope?

Comment

Evening all

Not much posting today as I have bneen on the trading floor.

Comment

I think the Missus wants to bottle some wine this evening. That means sanitising 36 wine bottles. That's a boring activity.

Comment

Evening all... :

Not as boring as downloading 78 M$ updates to Win2k...

At one point I thought I'd died.

Then I realised that I was being optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  At one point I thought I'd died.

Then I realised that I was being optimistic.
                  Thank you. I think you've given me my first smile of the day.

Comment

To misquote Dame Edna slightly, what's the point of living if you can't laugh at the troubles of others?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      You're not really doing them all at once, are you?

I have never managed to get more than about 8 updates to come down at once. I tend to only do one critical at a time, reboot, do the next, etc. It works out quicker that way than restarting.
                      All at once?

Nah... I'm not that stupid...

Though I did get it to download 26 of them in one go...

I did all the little ones first, then the slightly bigger ones & left the largest until last.

I'm not convinced that this "new" pc is any more stable than the last POS I put together...

The most stable one was assembled out of 2nd hand bits off ebay... which says something, but I'm not quite sure what...

Probably that it's slow, never goes on the interweb thingie & is totally unpatched Win98SE.

Comment

Working...
                      X