• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had to do Spider Patrol again.

Armed with nothing but a 1300W Hoover with a long range hose and nozzle adaptor, I entered combat with the OctoPeds From Hell.

I won.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Spare ribs (yet again) for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Spare ribs (yet again) for dinner
        Since these ribs were spares, does that mean there's a critter running about with some scars on its chest but otherwise in fine health, oblivious that its ribcage has been foreshortened?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Since these ribs were spares, does that mean there's a critter running about with some scars on its chest but otherwise in fine health, oblivious that its ribcage has been foreshortened?
          One can but hope

Comment

Perhaps it re-grows the ribs and they can be removed again. There might be spare rib farms.

Alternatively, maybe there is a kind of critter that has thousands of ribs. Just like a snake hasn't, but should. The farer could just keep lopping a couple off the end every now and then.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Perhaps it re-grows the ribs and they can be removed again.
                Me want

As I said to the barmaid in the pub the other week when she asked me if I'd enjoyed my meal, "Of all the mammalian body parts I have consumed, I think the ribs of the pig are my favourite."

She looked a little taken aback

Comment

Speaking of taken aback...

An old friend of mine was down the pub tonight. He told me that his wife and a couple of her friends had gone out round the pubs in town collecting money for the neo-natal unit at the Royal Infirmary.

I admitted that, for the briefest of moments as my brain deciphered his incoming speech, the "neo-n..." phonemes had made me think that his wife was collecting money for the Neo-Nazis

Later they (he, wife, wife's friends) turned up down the FMB bar (and stung me for a fiver). I told one of the barmen about the above momentary mental preconception and he pissed himself laughing, admitting that he too had momentarily thought that the "neo-n..." bit would turn out to be "Neo-Nazis"

I think neo-natal units have a sub-syllabic presentational issue here

Comment

...his wife and a couple of her friends had gone out round the pubs in town collecting money for the neo-natal unit at the Royal Infirmary.
                    One other thing was that the ladies in question had decided to dress as slutty schoolgirls, in the St Trinian's mode - they clearly know how to get money out of the male drinkers of this city.

My friend explained that, although his wife's friends had needed to go out and buy some items of clothing specially for the occasion, his wife had simply borrowed them from their eighteen-year-old daughter.

"And what's more," he added glumly, "none of them were ever even part of her school uniform."

Comment

I admitted that, for the briefest of moments as my brain deciphered his incoming speech, the "neo-n..." phonemes had made me think that his wife was collecting money for the Neo-Nazis
                      I dropped history at school at the earliest opportunity so was not educated in such matters, but what is the difference between a Neo-Nazi and a regular Nazi?

I realise that the "neo" prefix means "new" but how is that different from old-fashioned Nazism?

I suppose it is just used to dinstinguish between the people that reported to Adolf back in the day, and people these days who obviously don't.

Are there really people like that these days?

I've never met one. Or at least one whom was open about it.

But then you wouldn't really be open about it would you?

Comment

Working...
                      X