• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Ello scourer

You back home now?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Nottm Forest 0 - 1 West Brom

That'll do nicely

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Ello scourer

You back home now?
        It was a long journey I shall drivel about at some point.

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          It was a long journey I shall drivel about at some point.

How are you?
          All good here thanks. Hope you and Lady BP had a great time. Back to ClientCo on Monday?

Comment

Oh dear. It looks like Twitter is knackered. Again.

HTTP Server Error 503

No available server to handle this request

Comment

I'm reading Ben Goldacre's Bad Science at the moment - highly recommended

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I'm reading Ben Goldacre's Bad Science at the moment - highly recommended
                No. Not "highly recommended".

A copy should be given free to every teenager in the country, and it should be made freely available at stations like the freebie papers are.

Daily Mail readers should be tied down and have it read to them.

Meedja journalists that comment on 'science stories' (i.e. unpublished undergraduate essays) should be tied down, have it read to them, and then their throats cut.

People who peddle pretend 'medication' should be given cancer, have all their wealth taken away, and given little tablets each containing on atom from one full stop of one copy of that book. In fact, put one tablet in an Olympic size swimming pool then throw the snake-oil peddling thieves in after it, tied to a sack of sun-catchers and feckin salt crystal lamp holders.

And anyone who disagrees should be minced up and fed to pigs.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I gave my copy away.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    No. Not "highly recommended".

A copy should be given free to every teenager in the country, and it should be made freely available at stations like the freebie papers are.

Daily Mail readers should be tied down and have it read to them.

Meedja journalists that comment on 'science stories' (i.e. unpublished undergraduate essays) should be tied down, have it read to them, and then their throats cut.

People who peddle pretend 'medication' should be given cancer, have all their wealth taken away, and given little tablets each containing on atom from one full stop of one copy of that book. In fact, put one tablet in an Olympic size swimming pool then throw the snake-oil peddling thieves in after it, tied to a sack of sun-catchers and flipin salt crystal lamp holders.

And anyone who disagrees should be minced up and fed to pigs.
                    WHS

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      I gave my copy away.
                      I said that then for comic effect.

I gave my copy away because reading it made me so angry that I would be unlikely to want to read it again. Also I am familiar with the content anyway.

I gave it away to a friend with a young family and no pot to piss in; the friend who introduced me to Dr Ben Goldacre and 'approaching statistical significance' and 'wrong result, do the experiment again' stories in the first place.

I have four nephews and nieces of teenage age. I may buy them each a copy for Xmas.

Comment

Working...
                      X