• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's uncommonly tidy in here.

Might it be worthwhile knocking the cleaner's hours down a bit?

Apart from some chewed KFC bones and a few bits of paper with dodgy looking 0870 phone numbers on them, a note saying Zeity's email account has been blocked and some strange source code that reads like an obfuscated grooming manual("stroke-width: 15; document.body.appendChild; stroke: "red"; tweening: Animation.tweenings.elasticOut") it is remarkably neat

No piles of empty food wrappers.

No empty pinkaholic bottles.

No smashed circuit boards or burned-out components.

No damp patch on the rug, smelling of dog.

Is it Sunday again?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I wonder if some beauty sleep would make my life a better place?

I shall go and see.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Greetings denizens

No late night greetings last night, because the hotel wifi went up the creek

I went to reception and had a chat with the night porter about it. He stepped back a few paces and glanced at the place in the room behind reception where they keep the servers (so now I know where they are) and admitted that he didn't have the faintest idea what to do about it. (In case anybody thinks I was frightening him, I should point out that he stepped the same number of paces back towards me as he made this admission.)

Realising that, what with them having the stuff for the booking system and so forth back there, it probably made no sense for me to offer to fix it, I ended up chatting to him (well, at him if I'm honest) about how the Internet works, my talk enlivened with choice highlights from Clifford Stoll's The Cuckoo's Egg

I don't know if he enjoyed this or not, but he seems to be hiding in the back at the moment

Comment

Time for snoozing - the Shipping Forecast has been and gone, and Radio 4 has handed over to the World Service

Last night, the Radio 4 chap overran and was still signing off as the Greenwich pips came on - ergo, no National Anthem

There'll be letters to the BBC about that, you mark my words

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Yesterday we went to Bellagio.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Yesterday we went to Bellagio.
                We went on the car ferry : I enjoyed that.

Comment

Bellagio is very bad at segregating cars/pedestrians. Like Lugano they are both forced close together.

In that respect Milan is much better.

Comment

Today Mrs BP is going to do some shopping. Think I will stay at the villa and read my book.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Today Mrs BP is going to do some shopping. Think I will stay at the villa and read my book.
                      Which at the moment is Dan Brown the da vinci code.

Comment

Working...
                      X