• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open dialog box: 23 secs.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    "1% Moving File". Especially around significant posts.
    "3% Moving File". For example, what was going on exactly 10 posts prior to that pali? And what stopped once it had been posted?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Open dialog box: 23 secs.

"3% Moving File". For example, what was going on exactly 10 posts prior to that pali? And what stopped once it had been posted?
      "6% Moving File". Does anyone else smell fish?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Anyway, enough analytical diagnostics. Back to manual labour...

Comment

Open dialog box: 24 secs.

"1% Moving File". But then, there's many things I do not understand.
          Nice pali!

Comment

However, despite the pub being closed, you didn't get back to 3! Drinking with the staff in the dark?
            I went to the only other decent pub in the area, which is possibly where I'll finish up when the old place is gone.

God, it was dull - wonderful ale, but utterly boring

I may have to start venturing as far as the edge of the city centre - there's a good pub there. On the other hand, it involves running the gauntlet of an area where there are regular assaults, fights and muggings (also known as the polytechnic campus)

After The Snoresville Arms - or, more accurately, when I couldn't stand the mind-numbing tedium any more - I continued to the FMB bar. It was a bit hectic in there, but eventually it settled down and I was able to get in some good thinking about an animation utility I'm working on.

Then a permy who's fed up with permiedom and wants to be a contractor started picking my brains about the current state of the market. He was complaining of having spoken about possible gigs to a couple of agents who then never called back

I warned him about the references scam, but he was already wise to that, so I suggested he have a look at CUK to get a feel for how things are

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Nice pali!
              Thank you

It would have been better if it had been the post with the "I have never understood MS utilities' crapness." comment.

Comment

That's my hotel booked for the conference in Brighton next month

Seaview room at The Grand - my annual seaside treat

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  That's my hotel booked for the conference in Brighton next month

Seaview room at The Grand - my annual seaside treat
                  You are Maggie Thatcher and I Claim, then again, I don't suppose she's ever likely to want to go back there.

Many years ago, I once took a bird back to their cheapest room. A cupboard at the back facing a wall. I was too pissed to do anything. I do remember that at 11:55 Reception phoned and woke us up to ask if we wanted to book another day or to leave within five minutes. We left.

Comment

I think I'll pop into town - I have a hankering for a certain butcher's bacon and sausages

Comment

Those Green & Black's people have had a few quid out of us over the years too.
                      Same here. And those Ben & Jerry chaps.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X