• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lustee is now in Wellington, NZ....

Comment

my father succumbed to cancer yesterday afternoon.

been a 4 year fight and he gave the ******* disease a bloody hard time of it.

he died peacefully; listening to art tatum, watching cricket on the tv and holding my mothers hand.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        Sorry to hear that. Please accept my condolences.

Comment

he died peacefully; listening to art tatum, watching cricket on the tv and holding my mothers hand.
          It's sad and not fair he had to go.

But, well done, your Dad. A Pyrrhic victory, but it sounds to me like he won that last battle. Be proud of him.

A beautiful way to go.

You have my empathy.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

My condolences DS

Comment

Somebody once said to me:

what terrible news bi. my thoughts go to you and your family.

please take tpd's warmest, comforting and consoling virtual hugs whenever you feel the need of support.

WHS.

We put my Mum's ashes into a lovely spot in the grounds of Ripon Cathedral a couple of weeks ago. Since then I have felt at peace, rather than in loss. So it does get better with time.

Meanwhile, "Give somebody you love a cuddle today" because that helps too.

So, chin up and keep fighting!
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Evening
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Anyone around?
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

So sorry to hear that DS

TPD is here for you

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      Evening
                      Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      Anyone around?
                      Evening denizens

Comment

Working...
                      X