• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More f**king adverts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?

Will you have your duck crispy with plum sauce?
      Hi Scourer

I did indeed, and very nice it was too

Comment

Google have just given me a Google Wave developer preview account

It appears to be a way of wasting time...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Hi Scourer

Crispy duck is one of my favourites. Mrs BP sometimes cooks it : but finds obtaining the pancakes difficult. Whenever she goes past Chinatown she usually buys some.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            adverts time.
            Now there's an idea.

Professional Project Manager for hire

Absolutely no PowerPoint - guaranteed!
            Prettiest GANTT charts you ever did see!

No job too large - never knowingly underspent
            Work will fit the time available - guaranteed!

Quality never impaired regardless of alcohol consumption
            PRINCE2™, APM or your own dodgy standards adhered to

All work is backed by a 7 year PI guarantee

Email: [email protected]
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I knew you would.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Greetings denizens

I just ran into a chap I hadn't seen in a while - he was lurking in a bus shelter up the road with a bag of fried chicken and chips, waiting for a mate to turn up to give him a lift somewhere.

He informed me that a bike gang chapter I'd assumed to be long defunct has been re-established - indeed, he opened his coat to show me his colours, complete with "1%" and "13" patches.

I assume they're re-establishing it because, following the recent conviction of all the members of the primary rival gang in this region (the feud with which led to most of the original members being banged up nearly EDIT: over twenty years ago) for murder, they now regard the coast as clear

The existence of this chapter has only ever ended in tears, deaths, and long prison sentences in the past. It'll be intriguing to see how it all ends up this time.

However, I remember the words of a former member - indeed, in the late Sixties a founder member - talking to me in a pub around 1985:
                  "The <chapter> are a great bunch of lads, and I won't hear a word said agin 'em! But I tell you what: I ran with The <chapter> for fifteen years... and where the **** did it get me?"

Thinking back, I've just remembered that he said that when the then-extant chapter were all sat at the next table to us, able to hear every word. I'd never met this guy before, so I didn't want to disagree with him given that he was an ex-member and therefore presumably capable of extreme violence; on the other hand, agreeing with him might have led the chapter to infer an insult, and you don't want to insult an entire chapter of Hell's Angels if you're hoping to able to walk sometime in the next six months. I ended up saying "Mmm", nodding in an understanding but non-committal manner, and swallowing a large quantity of my pint in case I had to leave in a hurry.

Once I got to know the guy, I realised my fears - about him, at least - were misplaced, and he became a great friend; he was one of the most remarkable characters I've ever had the good fortune to know. Dead now, sadly

Before they made him, they broke the mould
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 19 July 2009, 03:55. Reason: How time flies...

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Quite nice in SE LOndon so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X