• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs BP's mother is saying she wont have the heart bypass! Mrs BP and her sister are very upset! And angry!

Its hard to know what is behind her decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Cherries need 1.5kg of preserving sugar per kg of fruit
      Fill a screw-top jar / bottle with as many intact, clean cherries as you can. Fill the jar / bottle with good quality vodka or other clean white spirit.

At Christmas use the cherries in deserts or use them in cakes next year.

Do whatever you like with the cherry vodka.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Mrs BP's mother is saying she wont have the heart bypass!

Its hard to know what is behind her decision.
        Fear, probably. Do you fancy one? I certainly don't.

Mrs BP and her sister are very upset! And angry!
        They aren't the ones that have to face the operation and subsequent treatment and fear of infection and the 1001 other things she's frightened of.fan
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Fill a screw-top jar / bottle with as many intact, clean cherries as you can. Fill the jar / bottle with good quality vodka or other clean white spirit.

At Christmas use the cherries in deserts or use them in cakes next year.

Do whatever you like with the cherry vodka.
          Have just suggested it to Mrs BP : she is very keen! Most of the cherrys will be eaten/used in jam : but excellent idea.

Neither of us drink : but we have a friend who is a sot and regular visitor here : she will have the cherry vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Fear, probably. Do you fancy one? I certainly don't.

They aren't the ones that have to face the operation and subsequent treatment and fear of infection and the 1001 other things she's frightened of.fan
            But if she does not have operation her life expectancy will be very short. She has a grandson not even 2.

It might not be fear behind the decision! One possibility is that she will go to Liverpool hospital for 6 weeks. Her husband will be unable to look after the dog!

Given the choice I would jump at the operation. I am trying to push doctors to scrape l4/l5 disc in my back : also has 6 week recovery. I m fed up with living in pain.

Comment

Comment

Mrs BP will buy a cherry stoner tomorrow from Lakeland at bluewater : it is right opposite the jewellers where she picks up her wedding ring.

I'll avoid making the obvious jokes about cherries and weddings

Comment

Hmm... according to the only email I've received while I've been out, somebody has been busy trying to integrate the specification of the meaning of HREF in HTML 5 with the definitive specification of an IRI

They sent it to a primary address on the W3C's IRI Working Group, which is why my filters didn't route it from my primary inbox to the relevant HTML 5 Working Group mailbox.

I quote:
                  This version attempts to integrate the "web address"
                  concept (called Hypertext Reference or HREF) into the
                  main IRI specification. The text has gone through sufficient
                  transformations that I don't have confidence in its
                  accuracy, but at least it indicates to me that the
                  many specs are mergable.

And this, dear denizens, is how we are building the future shape of the World Wide Web, for your convenience

Comment

But if she does not have operation her life expectancy will be very short. She has a grandson not even 2.

It might not be fear behind the decision! One possibility is that she will go to Liverpool hospital for 6 weeks. Her husband will be unable to look after the dog!

Given the choice I would jump at the operation. I am trying to push doctors to scrape l4/l5 disc in my back : also has 6 week recovery. I m fed up with living in pain.
                    She could put the dog in kennels, surely, if it prolongs her life?

My grandfather died of cancer when I was four. I have only the vaguest memories of him; I remember being told that we (the kids) couldn't come to the funeral, and that Auntie Rose would look after us. All this really meant was that Mum and Dad were going somewhere but we couldn't go. The memory is very vague.

But at such a young age, death means very little to a child. "Never seeing again" isn't really any different in such a young mind to "Won't see until next Tuesday". And by next Tuesday, they've forgotten they were going to see that person anyway.

I think what I'm driving at is that Baby BP won't have any real problems coming to terms with her disappearance.

However, it seems a tremendous shame that she should forego the pure delight she will find in watching him grow.

The dog thing, or any other excuse, is probably just evading the issue: it's easier to think that "I'll probably be all right, and the dog needs me" than to face up to the immediate risks presented by major surgery, despite the fact that the actual risks are much greater without the surgery (and the dog doesn't).

As to how you convince her of the merits of the surgical option: I don't know. People are all so different, and only somebody who knows her, and understands how she works, can possibly know (or discover) what it might take to persuade her that one risk is better than the other. Mrs BP in concert with her Dad might have a chance of working out which buttons to push, but I doubt that I, being merely some bloke off t'Internet, have anything useful to offer

I hope you all manage to work things out for the best

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X